He May Be A Psychopath: Why You Shouldn't Date A Guy Who Takes Selfies
You're walking to work; you pass by an iconic building in your city — what's your initial reaction? Is it to take a selfie?
Well congratulations, you and probably a good chunk of the rest of younger society would react in that exact same manner.
Do you think this is normal? Or healthy?
I'm sure the thought never crossed your mind because everyone is doing it.
Despite the seemingly innocent trend that is sweeping our nation did you know selfies are correlated with insecurity, entitlement, OCD and narcissistic tendencies, just to name a few?
Did you know selfies correlate with superficial obsessions that result in unrealistic expectations, which lead to further anxiety?
I bet you thought it was cute your boyfriend sent you selfie after selfie, thinking his adoration was something to be embraced — but think again because research has proven men who take selfies have more psychopathic tendencies than the average male. Well that sh*t just got real awkward, real quickly.
So if science wasn't enough to change your mind, check out all of the other convincing reasons you shouldn't date someone who takes more selfies than you do.
1. He's selfie-centered
It doesn't matter what mood you're in because, rest assured, this man will still be taking selfie after selfie.
2. He likes looking at himself more than you
The awkward moment when you've just told a five-minute story, and your man has been staring at his phone the entire time.
Thanks for that confidence boost…
3. He measures his self-worth by other people's likes
Since when did self-approval go out the window? You know you have issues when you're relying on the validation from others.
4. Because every other conversation is about social media
Good luck talking about substantial matters and things people actually care about — this guy is only fixated on the social aspect of his life, and sadly, that takes place on the Internet.
5. He follows people he doesn't know more than he listens to you
Uh, what? How does this even make sense? I'm not sure what type of alternate universe this is, but I certainly don't think anyone else wants to be a part of it.
6. He treats you like an accessory
Wondering if this guy actually picked you for the right reasons is a frequent thought that crosses your mind, unfortunately.
That's a pretty sad realization and a big sign you need to get the F out of dodge.
7. He only sees life through a lens
And sadly, that's the only way they see you too…
8. He lives life with a constant filter
Life should not be altered with Valencia! It should be #NoFilter and no paparazzi every time you try to hang out.
9. He'd rather take pictures than live in the moment
It's totally fine to be a fan of photos; heck, I do it all the time, but to not experience your present setting for even a moment is just plain sad.
10. He's only concerned with what's on the surface
Don't these people realize it's whats on the inside that matters? I guess their interior doesn't match their exterior, or they wouldn't be so selfie-centered.
11. He spends more time staring at his screen than at you
Why bother even showering if your date isn't even going to look up at you?
Hmm, maybe this doesn't sound like too bad of an arrangement.
12. You'll never get more attention than his phone
Even when you offer sex on the table, this guy can't be distracted.
I'm really not sure what more you can do since nudity typically solves everything.
13. He has a whole world of Internet friends you know nothing about
Except that they all also spend their time taking incessant selfies, and honestly, that's all you need to know.
14. His life exists solely on the Internet
…While your life takes place here on earth… with everyone else.
15. He goes out to be seen and documented
Isn't the whole point of going out to enjoy yourself? Sure, taking pictures is fun, but if that's your motivation for leaving your home, it's time to get it together.
16. The moments you share are never private
This can get way too awkward, way too fast.
17. He always takes you out of the moment by trying to take a selfie
While you're trying to ignore their odd tendencies, they are spending their time trying to drag you into their world.
18. He's wasted so much time in his life looking for the right angles
If you have to try that many times, then maybe you should just give up.
19. Everything he does is superficial
That's just not a good look on anybody, especially the person you're dating.
20. Your relationship will always be better on Instagram
It may look like you're having the time of your lives, but that's not reality.
21. He's never looking good for you; it's always for someone else
Their only motivation for looking flawless is the fact that they're rushing to upload a selfie. Too bad they don't care this much about their appearance when you're around.
22. He cares more about likes from strangers than your love
Cue the lyrics to the song “Shot to your heart…”
23. He never measures up in person
He's showing up to dinner without that Valencia filter, #awkward.
24. He can only face the world from his point of view
That'll be really efficient when it comes to petty arguments.
25. His life is constrained by borders
Isn't the whole point of having a partner in life to also have a travel partner?
26. He wants to control how you see him
Take your guard down and bring your filters with you! There's no room for those type of smokescreens in a relationship.
27. He never gets it right on the first try
If they have to ask if you finished, that's your problem right there… no there… no there… ha, I crack myself up.
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.