17 Subtle Signs You're A Jerk Magnet, And The Guy You're Dating Won't Change
As you swipe left and right on Tinder, and weed through some seriously *cringeworthy* pickup lines, you can't help but wonder, “What gives?”
The dating world can be stressful at times, even when you embrace it with a positive, open attitude.
But it seems as though, any which way you go about it, you CANNOT. STOP. ATTRACTING. ALL the assholes of the world.
You have an insatiable desire to fix these guys, and you never stop to realize a relationship is healthiest when the two of you don't need to fix each other.
Here are 17 subtle signs you might just be a jerk magnet, and the guy you're dating will never change.
You deserve way better, and hopefully, you'll be able to call out the next jerk from the get-go when he slides his way into your DMs, and your life.
1. You hold onto him and try to convince yourself he'll change.
2. You ignore that little voice telling you something's fishy AF when he leaves you hanging mid-convo on a Saturday night.
3. You may mistake his constant flirting and sweet compliments for him being genuine. But in hindsight, he's never really made an effort to get to know you at all.
4. You downplay the fact he never takes you out on real dates. He'll buy you drinks at the bar, and he'll always hit you up to “hang out,” but not much more than that.
5. You have a soft spot for him, and you tend to put cover-up over every red flag.
6. You text him because you're excited to, and he texts you when he's in the mood.
7. You rarely sway from dating the “type” of guy you're attracted to, and he's no exception.
8. He started to call you “babe” right off the bat, and even though it was way too early for him to call you that, you were kind of digging it (and you still do).
9. He *calculatingly* spaces his texting out throughout the week. He's not consistent, nor does he want to be. But, you're sure he just got caught up at work again, right?
10. He'll make last-minute plans all the time, and you always chalk it up to him being a spontaneous soul.
11. He never calls you, because texting is how he rolls.
12. You don't give the nice guys a shot, because you don't think they'll float your boat like he does.
13. He gets quiet for a couple of days, then drops a like on your Instagram post — a little breadcrumb to keep you interested. You hate to admit you are.
14. He may not be motivated in his current job, and he doesn't make moves for a change.
15. He never asks if you're talking to or seeing anyone else, even though you asked him if he was.
16. He'll go a week without making plans. Then, he'll text you out of the blue with a casual, “What's up, want to hang out?”
17. He'll put the blame on you. If you say, “Hey stranger, haven't heard from you,” he'll respond with an oh-so-innocent, “I haven't heard from you either, babe!”
Dating the jerks of the world prepares you for what you certainly do not want in your forever person someday.
I'm not going to sugarcoat it one bit: It may totally suck when you're dating a jerk, but don't lose hope. Everything happens for a reason, and any guy who shows these subtle signs is doing you a favor before you get too attached.
Listen to your gut when you think something's off about a guy, because chances are, you're probably right about him.
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.