15 Ways To Ease Your Sadness Over Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction
If you haven't already heard, Zayn Malik is “doing what feels right” for him and leaving One Direction.
The stresses of being on tour, along with the pressures of being in a five-member boy band while maintaining a relationship, finally got to the England native.
Once again, the boys are receiving tons of attention. One Direction tweets have flooded the Internet.
We've seen this trend a lot recently – celebrities doing what they want, that is. Remember when Miley Cyrus cut ties with Liam Hemsworth?
As a society that idolizes these people, too often we forget the fact that they are human beings, capable of making their own decisions and possessing certain desires.
We're selfish, sometimes, and just expect them to keep doing what they're doing so we can retain happiness.
I now invite you to consider how it would feel if someone expected you do to something, or be a certain way, or take part in a certain career path.
You would hate it! Don't lie; you know you would.
With a huge following of millions of fans across the globe, it's easy to understand how devastated fans of One Direction must be. I imagine the feeling is similar to when Kevin left The Backstreet Boys.
It was a rough time for me, okay?
Out of the goodness of my heart, I've put together a list of things to remember that will encourage a positive vibe in this time of pain and darkness:
1. You're still alive, breathing and reading this article.
2. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel are still having a baby!
3. We've made it out of the brutal hell that is winter and spring has finally sprung.
4. 1D is still going to make music, and they are still planning to go on tour.
5. The Harry Potter series has been preserved in book and movie form, so we can always return to it. Always.
6. Emma Watson is still an incredible person and still working her hardest to spread awareness about female rights and gender equality.
7. Harrison Ford is going to make a full recovery from the injuries he sustained in his plane crash! Bonus: His son is a celebrity chef and also super hot.
8. The Internet is still a thing and Elite Daily is still providing you with hours of endless entertainment.
9. Miley Cyrus is still a wild card and could do something crazy any day now…
10. Chicken fries are back at Burger King.
11. You can buy a Left Shark costume and turn any occasion into a spectacle.
12. While you're waiting for One Direction to get it together, you can listen to classic boy bands any time you like. Let's not forget the magic The Backstreet Boys, ‘N SYNC and New Kids On The Block produced.
13. You can also look forward to Zayn maybe, possibly doing some solo stuff OR becoming a fashion model OR doing something else he enjoys.
14. You can take your musical talent and try to join One Direction and forever bask in eternal glory… I hear a spot just opened up!
15. Zayn is happy! I mean, really, let's consider Zayn as a human being for a second. He made a decision he feels will make him happier and, therefore, healthier and live a longer, more fulfilling life because he's doing what he wants.
Deep breaths, everyone. As the old adage goes, “If Britney can make it through 2007, you can make it through this.” It's going to be okay.
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.