This really is the week of Chris Pratt.
His film “Guardians of the Galaxy” is the top film in the land. He has a viral video hit with his rapping of “Forgot About Dre.” And, on the whole, he seems like a pretty awesome guy.
Pratt is pretty new on the scene. Sure, he’s been on “Parks & Rec” for years. And sure, he played memorable bit parts in “Zero Dark Thirty” and “Moneyball.”
But, “Guardians” is really his coming out party. This is the film that seems poised to turn him into a bonafide movie star.
Plus, his success doesn’t seem like it will let up anytime soon, especially as he’s starring in the new “Jurassic Park” film that comes out next summer. Chris Pratt is here to stay.
As such, I think we should get to know him a little better, don’t you? So, here are 13 things you probably didn’t know about America’s newest movie star, Chris Pratt.
1. Pratt was first discovered while working at a Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Maui.
2. He met his wife, Anna Faris, on the set of a film called “Take me Home Tonight.”
3. For three consecutive years, he appeared in films that were nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards (“Moneyball,” “Zero Dark Thirty” and “Her”).
4. Pratt lost 80 pounds in order to get jacked for his role as Peter Quill in “Guardians.”
5. He knows how to french braid hair.
6. He has a collection of exotic, dead bugs.
7. Pratt originally turned down the role of Peter Quill because he was worried about his weight.
8. His nickname in middle school was Monkey Boy because of his goofiness.
9. He used to be homeless and lived in a tent in Maui.
10. Pratt played the role of Che in the final season of “The O.C.”.
11. He auditioned for the lead roles in both “Star Trek” and “Avatar.”
12. Chris is a college dropout.
13. Pratt finished fifth in a Washington state wrestling tournament when he was in high school.
Top Photo Credit: WENN