Corinne Olympios Opens Up About ‘Bachelor In Paradise' Investigation In New Statement
On Thursday, June 29, Bachelor Nation received a statement from Corinne Olympios regarding the Bachelor In Paradise allegations surrounding her and DeMario Jackson.
Elite Daily was given the following statement from Corinne's team:
In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things. My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4. While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with Bachelor in Paradise, my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired.
My team's investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction. I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor In Paradise. While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on The Bachelor, and while I was invited to return to Bachelor In Paradisewhen production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return.
I understand the media's interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans' concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now.
The show will resume filming this summer, but now fans should know Corinne will not be returning with the rest of the cast.
Last Tuesday, Warner Bros. concluded its investigation into the alleged sexual misconduct between DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios during filming of Bachelor In Paradise. They released the following statement:
As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly.
Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.
A rep from ABC also told Elite Daily,
We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise. Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC.
DeMario Jackson has been very vocal about his involvement in the Bachelor In Paradise controversy, and even sat down with E! News for a three-part interview on what really happened between him and Corinne Olympios.
Before his on-camera interview, he released the following statement:
It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.
According to TMZ, DeMario Jackson will not be returning to Bachelor In Paradise. Sources reportedly told the outlet Jackson was never invited back by producers.
Elite Daily reached out to Jackson's team to confirm if he will be returning but did not hear back by the time of publication.
Now, there are new rules regarding sex between contestants on the show, so it looks like Bachelor In Paradise producers are taking necessary measures to ensure this does not happen again.
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.