24 Things Jennifer Lawrence Did Before Her 24th Birthday That Will Make You Feel Terrible
Today is Jennifer Lawrence's 24th birthday. Happy birthday, JLaw! For her, it promises to be a day full of partying, drinking, pizza and merriment. For the rest of us mere mortals, it is more of a somber occasion.
That's because her birthday serves as a reminder of how little we've all accomplished relative to America's sweetheart. She's done so much in such a short amount of time that I can't help but feel bad about myself.
How could one person do so much and be so awesome and beautiful and talented at such a young age?
I have no idea! All I can say is: Screw you, JLaw!
Sorry, I didn't mean that. But I am jealous of her. And, unless some major miracle occurs, I'll probably never have any of the accolades or anywhere near the wealth that she curently has.
So, if you too want to feel inadequate, take a look at this list of the 24 things that Jennifer Lawrence has already accomplished before her 24th birthday.
1. She starred on a sitcom, “The Bill Engvall Show,” for three years.
2. She was nominated for Best Actress at the Academy Awards at the age of 20 for “Winter's Bone.”
3. In fact, she was nominated for three Oscars before turning 24.
4. And she won one for Best Actress for her role in “Silver Linings Playbook.”
5. Not to mention the two Golden Globes that she's won.
6. She made falling on her face in public totally endearing.
7. She has been a strong role model for women by promoting the importance of having a positive body image.
8. Her films have grossed over $1.5 billion dollars domestically.
9. And they've made over $3 billion worldwide.
10. Her film “Catching Fire” was the first film featuring a female lead to top the annual box office in 40 years.
Remarkable stat: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is the first movie with a solo female lead to be the year's #1 film since The Exorcist. — Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) January 10, 2014
11. “Catching Fire” is also the highest grossing film of all time in which a woman has top billing.
12. She played a badass, shape-shifting, blue mutant in multiple “X-Men” Films.
13. She earned $34 million in the past year alone.
14. Forbes ranked her as the world's most powerful actress in 2014.
15. And she came in at number 12 on its Celebrity 100 list.
16. Her films have an average rating of 74 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, and all but two are certified fresh.
17. She was in the most retweeted photo ever.
18. She graduated from high school in two years with a 3.9 GPA.
19. She starred in a commercial for “My Super Sweet Sixteen” for MTV.
20. She face-palmed Emma Watson.
21. She became the face of Dior.
22. She was named the sexiest woman in the world by FHM in 2014.
23. She successfully rocked the pixie cut.
24. And even with all of those amazing accomplishments, she's somehow managed to stay grounded and adorable. Happy birthday, JLaw!
Photo Credit: WENN
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.