21 Times JK Rowling Was The Badass Twitter Needed In 2017
Now, 20 years later, the 51-year-old author has also become the queen of digital media's favorite social network: Twitter. Sometimes she is tweeting sincere, heartfelt writing advice. Other times she's putting ignorant trolls in their damn place.
One thing's for sure: Jo has mastered Twitter in a way few celebrities at her level have. (Honestly, she's probably even better at Twitter than most of the so-called Twitter professionals I follow.)
Seriously, we're only four month in to 2017, and Rowling's Twitter page has already saved me more times than I can count.
Well, I mean technically I guess I can count the number of times Rowling's Twitter page has saved me. It's 21. That's kind of the point of this article.
Anyway, here you go! Proof that JKR will always be queen, no matter how apocalyptic things gets.
1. When she straight-up destroyed this asshole who burns books.
2. When she killed this hater/Trump supporter. Like, he's dead now. RIP.
3. When she corrected the grammar of a religious extremist trying to preach to her.
4. And when she corrected the spelling of a fun new insult.
5. Or when she found the bright side of a very old insult.
6. When she decided the time had come to take those “hell” recommendations to heart.
7. When she captioned the hell out of this Donald Trump and Angela Merkel photo.
8. When she accurately put Sean Spicer in his place.
9. And when she called out this journalist for one of the dumbest arguments of all time.
10. When she reminded folks she was allowed to have political opinions.
11. And then when she said it again louder, for the people in the back.
12. When she encouraged men to be free, and wear penises on their heads if they so desired.
13. When she reminded men they don't actually need to make International Women's Day about them.
14. When she decreed all the Trump children to be Muggles.
15. When she got in that epic battle with Piers Morgan, and won by a landslide.
16. When she came to the best possible conclusion.
17. When she roasted this writer for calling her “JK Radcliffe,” and yes, I'm very grateful it wasn't me.
18. When she politely asked she not be tagged in tweets about her death.
19. When she grew weary of the outdated “‘Harry Potter' is the devil” argument.
20. But she still had a little fun with those devil-worshippers.
21. And finally, when she reminded us all what “Harry Potter” is really about.
Bow down to the Twitter queen, everyone.
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.