Kirsten Dunst’s 3-Carat Engagement Ring Costs More Than Your Entire Wedding
Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons are officially engaged, so “Friday Night Lights” fans can rest easy knowing Landry Clarke is happy.
The 34-year-old actress confirmed the engagement when she showed off her new ring to photographers and friends at Paris Fashion Week on Monday.
Pretty, right? Guess how much it costs?
Hint: It’s a whole freakin’ lot.
Different reports are saying different things, but diamond experts agree the ring looks to be at least two carats, probably three.
Page Six interviewed a specialist from Forevermark Diamonds who went with two carats. That would make the price about $75,000.
But Us Weekly interviewed a different diamond specialist who thinks the ring is actually three carats, which would make it closer to $80,000.
Finally, the bridal editor of The Cut agrees the ring is three carats, and probably around $80,000.
That’s two out of three, so I’m going with $80,000.
Damn. Guess that “Spider-Man” money is still coming through, huh?
Seriously, $80,000 is an INSANE amount of money.
I mean, I guess if you have the money, good for you, but I just don’t get dropping that much cash on an arguably useless item.
Here’s a list of things of thing I could do with $80,000 before buying a single shiny rock (before tax, because I’m not doing that math, sorry):
- 26,666 Crunchwrap Supremes at Taco Bell. That’s one Crunchwrap a day for 73 years. Yeah, that sounds like the way I want to die.
- 94 of the iPhone 7s, the 256 GB edition. Think of all the podcasts I could download!
- 8,000 subscriptions to Spotify Premium. I’d give out the password to anyone I might ever encounter ever and never have to hear a Spotify ad in the middle of a ~moment~ again.
- About 160 roundtrip plane tickets to anywhere I wanted. (Assuming each plane ticket is around $500.)
- Go to 5,333 movies in New York City. That’s one movie a day for 14 years.
- Have all my laundry picked up and delivered for the rest of my life.
- Eat 800 $100 dinners.
- Never dig through the clearance rack at Kohl’s again.
- Get 1,333 hour-long massages.
- Donate to charity or whatever. I guess.
But hey, a shiny rock is nice, too.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.