The Top 10 Biggest Celebrity Divorce Settlements
As we all know divorces are especially brutal if there are kids involved and even more so if there is no prenuptial agreement in sight. For as talented as our modern day celebrities are, you would think they would be a little smarter and actually get a prenuptial before they were married, but in these cases they were not.
Here is a list of the biggest celebrity divorce settlements in history. Not only did these women get to reap the benefits of dating a A-list celebrity but also getting a huge check for doing so!
10. Michael Douglas’ marriage to Diandra Douglas ended in 2000 after 23 years of marriage. Diandra walked away $45 million.
9. Paul McCartney dropped his ex-wife Heather Mills in 2006 after four years of marriage. That drop cost him $48.6 million.
8. Titanic director James Cameron had to pay his wife of two years, Linda Hamilton, $50 million for their divorce settlement, $25 million for each year of marriage.
7. Madonna’s split with Guy Ritchie cost her $76 million, which her rep called at the time “one of the largest payouts ever in a divorce settlement.”
6. After 16 years of marriage, Kevin Costner and Cindy Silva split, leaving Silva with $80 million.
5. Harrison Ford spend the 1980s-1990s with wife Melissa Mathison, but the couple decided to call it quits in 2004 after 21 years together. Mathison walked away with $85 million, plus future royalties on two Star Wars films and three Indiana Jones movies.
4. Although Steven Speilberg had a prenup with his wife of four years, Amy Irving, she still walked away with a cool $100 million. Now that’s a good lawyer!
3. Neil Diamond spend 27 years with his wife Marcia Murphey before handing her $150 million dollars for their divorce.
2. According to both USA Today and Forbes, Michael Jordan made the largest payout ever in a celebrity divorce when he handed his wife of 18 years, Juanita, $168 million.
1. And the winner is… Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren’s divorce is now final. The nature of their settlement is undisclosed, but reports have stated the Elin will be receiving anywhere from $200 million to $500 million.