The 15 Most Bloody And Creative Kills From ‘Game Of Thrones’ (GIFs)
Disclaimer: Major spoilers ahead.
This entire season of “Game of Thrones” had been leading up to last night’s episode, “The Mountain and The Viper,” and it did not disappoint.
The entire affair was equal parts vicious bloodshed and captivating drama. The episode was full of riveting betrayals and just as riveting acts of loyalty. There was a ton to digest and a ton that gave me indigestion, and it all ended with a spectacular wallop that has far-reaching implications for the series as a whole.
Of course, we were all waiting on the edges of our seats for the end of the episode. I really thought for a moment there that Oberyn would defeat The Mountain and Tyrion would live on, happily ever after. But clearly, I forgot what type of show “Game of Thrones” is.
It’s one that never opts for the easy way out and one that mercilessly kills off everyone and everything you ever loved. So, really, we should have all seen this one coming.
It’s also a show which is probably best described as a carnival of gore. I don’t know how David Benioff and D.B. Weiss do it, but they always come up with new and innovative ways to extinguish human life. With that in mind, here are the most gruesome, most bloody, most creative kills in the series so far, starting with last night’s head-crushing, face-melting extravaganza.
Fair warning: You may not be able to sleep until next week’s episode after reliving all of these graphic death scenes.
1. The Mountain Kills The Viper
2. The Beheading Of Ned Stark
3. Viserys Targaryen Gets His Golden Crown
4. Jaime Lannister Stabs Some Dude In The Eye
5. Khal Drogo Pulls A Swayze And Rips Out Mago’s Throat
6. Jon Snow Puts A Blade Through The Back Of Karl Tanner’s Face
7. Joffrey Kills A Prostitue With A Crossbow
8. Joffrey Gets What’s Coming To Him At The Purple Wedding
9. Talisa Stark And Her Unborn Child Are Slaughtered At The Red Wedding
10. Robb Stark Wears A Wolf’s Head At The Red Wedding
11. Catelyn Stark Has Her Throat Slit At The Red Wedding
12. Arya Kills Polliver With Her “Needle”
13. The Hound Disembowels A Peasant
14. Dany’s Dragon Burns A Master From Astapor Alive
15. Ramsay Puts An Arrow Straight Into A Guy’s Head
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.