The 50 Worst Things About Living In New York
There is absolutely no doubt that New York City is the greatest city in the world. However being here comes at a cost that many aren't willing to take.
To live here New Yorkers must make plenty of sacrifices and assimilate to this concrete jungle where only the strong survive. There is a ton of bullshit that they are forced to put up with on a day to day basis and that's what makes them who they are.
This is New York after all. Don't you know you have to be rich just to be broke here?
These are the 50 worst things about living in New York City.
50. Food costs double compared to anywhere else.
49. The snow turns into complete shit.
48. You have to take overcrowded trains like this.
47. The air feels like blankets when it's hot.
46. Then it gets so cold you can't feel your face.
45. You can't sleep at night because of all the noise of drunk people and cars.
44. The crazy people are TOO crazy.
43. A bottle at the club costs $450.
42. Chinese people make the Mexican food.
41. All of the girls are burnt out by 22.
40. Too many people from New Jersey and Long Island move here.
39. There are no good high school football teams because there is nowhere to play.
38. It smells like a combination of rotting food, sun baked urine, and month old kitchen grease.
37. When your dog shits then you have to pick it up in front of a hundred people.
36. The bikers at Central Park think they are in the Tour de France.
35. You can't cook anything in your apartment without making your whole floor smell.
34. A good time in high school is drinking 40's on a roof.
33. Rats that run across your foot on the subway platform.
32. Cabs unwilling to go to certain neighborhoods.
31. That guy on the subway who smells really bad.
30. Groups of tourists who stop in the middle of sidewalk to look around.
29. The apartments are the size of a gym.
28. Times Square.
27. Having to wake up early to move your car to the other side of the street.
26. When air conditioner juice from apartments falling on your face.
25. Bodegas with refrigerators seemingly have the cooling power of five ice cubes.
24. Trying to navigate the streets with an umbrella without hitting anybody
23. Falling asleep to the sound of mice running around your apartment.
22. Knowing what you pay for rent can probably get you this kind of house in Cali.
21. Over-entitled rich kids in the Upper East Side.
20. It's impossible to hear shit on your phone.
19. The beaches are disgusting.
18. You never have any idea what exactly you spent all your money on.
17. Gypsy promoters who act like they're celebrities.
16. Getting catcalled by hood dudes.
15. Or getting hit on by gay guys.
14. The kamikaze pigeons that don't give a fuck.
13. Accidentally shaking hands with a guy selling mixtapes.
12. You can never catch a cab when you actually need one.
11. It's absolutely impossible to stay sober because no one has to drive anywhere.
10. Construction projects take two decades to finish.
9. Almost walking into death trap cellars.
8. Trying to eat at McDonald's after a high school gets out.
7. Card minimums at delis.
6. The Puerto Rican Day Parade.
5. Stepping ankle deep in water when you miscalculate the size of a puddle.
4. Bikers refuse to use the bike path.
3. You have to smoke blunts on a roof or by the river in 5 degree weather.
2. Only beautiful women like these can have literally anything they want in the city.
1. All of this and New York still shits on your city.
Top Photo Credit: Getty Images
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.