20 Reasons Australia Is The Perfect Place To Study Abroad
Studying abroad is a great way to see the world and experience new places.
When it comes to spending semesters overseas, most students jet off to cities in European countries like Spain, France and Italy.
But if you're looking for an action-packed semester full of unforgettable adventures, Australia is where it's at.
Thanks to study abroad programs in universities across Australia, lots of students are heading off to see what life is like in Aussie cities such as Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Perth.
So in honor of Australia Day, I set out to find all the reasons you should consider earning your degree while livin' it up Down Under.
But I should probably warn you, once you study there, you won't want to come home.
1. There's a wide variety of accredited universities offering study-abroad programs in Australia, so you can pick the city that suits you best.
2. Melbourne and Sydney are perfect cities for college kids, since there are tons of young people and lots of fun things to do.
3. For the most part, the weather Down Under is pretty damn great.
4. The beach is basically in your backyard.
5. When you're not hitting the books, you can hit the surf.
6. If you want to learn about life beneath the sea, the Great Barrier Reef is right off the coast.
7. You can go on all sorts of epic adventures in the Outback.
8. Australia offers some pretty unreal spots to camp out beneath the stars.
9. Wherever you go, there's no shortage of seriously Instagram-worthy sights.
10. Australia is home to lots of interesting and, not to mention, adorable wildlife.
11. It's the only place in the world where you can master the art of quokka selfies.
12. There are tons of bars and pubs to turn up at along the scenic Sydney Harbor.
13. You can get cultured at the Sydney Opera House while having intense flashbacks of “Finding Nemo.”
14. Australia is the perfect place to embrace your adventurous side with some action-packed activities.
15. Sandy beach sports are part of daily life.
16. Three words: hot rugby players.
17. Australia is home to some pretty cool celebs like Ruby Rose, Margot Robbie, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett.
18. The locals are also incredibly easy on the eyes.
19. Everyone has an irresistible Aussie accent to go along with his or her good looks.
20. The heavenly Hemsworth brothers are from here. Need I say more?
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.