2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic

2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic
Featured

Mercedes-Benz previously provided us with details on the revised 2014 E-Class but hadn’t confirmed any specifications on its AMG versions until today.

Now we know that not only will the E63 AMG return in both sedan and wagon configurations, it will also include 4Matic all-wheel drive.

2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic

The engineers at AMG have fitted the 2014 E63 AMG – and its CLS63 AMG platform-mate – with a modified version of Mercedes’ 4Matic all-wheel drive. In AMG applications, the 4Matic system apportions 33 percent of the torque to the front axle and the remaining 67 percent to the rear.

2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic

Power is sent through a multi-plate clutch, and there is a three-stage electronic stability program complete with brake-based torque vectoring to help quell understeer. Top-end E63 AMG S-Model cars also come with a limited-slip rear differential.

2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4Matic

Despite the added hardware, the all-wheel-drive system adds just 154 pounds to the E63′s curb weight. The 2014 E63 AMG has standard adaptive sport suspension with an electronically controlled damping system. There are three suspension modes: comfort, sport, and sport plus.

Tom Cooper | Elite.

Share Tweet
React
Like Us On Facebook
Like Us On Facebook

Contributing Writer

Elite Daily is a medium for people tired of disingenuous content; we have sought to create a space where stimulating, applicable content can reach a like-minded audience.

Original Video

Everything You Need To Know About Marijuana

Jesus has risen, but how high did he get? While Easter and 4/20 falling on the same day is most definitely a weird coincidence, it will also highlight a pretty important public opinion on what’s more important: weed or candy eggs? Sto...

Also On Elite

World

Woman Writes Heartfelt Letter To The Random Stranger Who Bought Her Groceries

Need a little something to restore your faith in humanity? Keep reading. Andrea Gardner was at the grocery store one day and couldn’t pay for her purchases — the EBT machine was down, making it impossible for her to use her SNAP card, a form of government assistance offered to low-income families in need. But […]

World

The Affluenza Defense: When You’re Simply Too Rich To Go To Jail

The air had turned crisp and cool in North Texas, a welcome reprieve from months of oppressive heat that earned the summer of 2011 the distinction of being the hottest on record. Freshly fallen leaves speckled the quiet streets of Fort Worth and the final remnants of twilight’s soft glow had long since faded. A […]

Sports

Unbelievable: Cancer Survivor Hits Miracle Game-Winning Shot With Help Of Late Friend (Video)

March Madness has dominated sports storylines and provided many beautiful examples of teamwork and community. But college basketball doesn’t monopolize inspirational sports stories. The Bishop McGuinness boys varsity basketball team had a touching tale of its own take place earlier during their season, covered in this video by Steve Hartmann. Coach Josh Thompson had each member […]

World

A Message In A Bottle Finally Reached Its Destination 101 Years Later

A 101-year-old bottle with a note inside has been pulled from the sea and presented to the sender’s granddaughter, making it the oldest message in a bottle ever discovered. The Guardian reports that a German fisherman pulled a beer bottle with a postcard out of the Baltic sea last month. The author was identified as […]

Music News

Grammy And Oscar Award-Winning Composer Hans Zimmer Will Compose The Official Tomorrowland Hymm

Reaching its 10-year anniversary, legendary film composer Hans Zimmer has been brought in to create the official hymn for Tomorrowland, the world-renowned festival of Belgium that recently made an epic expansion onto US soil. “The 10-minute-long composition takes listeners on a magical journey that embodies the mythical qualities, magical atmosphere and international character of Tomorrowland.” […]