The ideal candidate lives and breathes all things entertainment, and is well-versed in Celebrity, Film, TV, Events, especially those that Gen-Y is most interested in.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City headquarters.
- A strong understanding of all ranges of entertainment
- A relevant degree or previous experience
- An ability to create opportunities for interviews with actors, influencers, and other relevant industry professionals
- Ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- Ability to discover and identify big stories, alongside, the ability to find clever, funny, and unique angles on them
- Ability to write both long, thought-provoking pieces and quicker riffs of the news
- Ability to spot trends and generate ideas for larger projects. Fluency with images, GIFs, video and other forms of multimedia
- A positive attitude
- Overseeing and maintaining news coverage on Elite Daily’s entertainment section
- Writing multiple news stories per day
- Tracking the day’s entertainment news to ensure timely coverage
- Keeping the Pop Culture staff abreast of important news developments
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health benefits
- Catered lunch on Fridays
If you think you’re a fit, we’d love to hear from you. Send us a resume, three writing samples and a brief, but detailed, plan on how you’ll tackle growing our Entertainment vertical.