Elite Daily’s humor section scours the far corners of the Internet for the videos, pictures and kind of stories you won’t find on the front page of more prestigious publications. These aren’t just LOL stories, but they’re the type of things that you have to share with somebody! The section is also home to a steady stream of original content and commentary, making it perfect for anyone who wants to keep up with current events and pop culture without taking them too seriously.
- A strong understanding of all things funny within pop culture, comedy, social issues, and entertainment
- A relevant degree or previous experience
- Ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- Ability to discover and identify big stories, alongside, the ability to find clever, funny, and unique angles on them
- Ability to write both long, thought-provoking pieces and quicker riffs of the news
- Ability to spot trends and generate ideas for larger projects. Fluency with images, GIFs, video and other forms of multimedia
- A positive attitude
- Overseeing and maintaining content coverage on Elite Daily’s Humor section
- Writing multiple news stories per day
- Tracking the day’s entertainment news to ensure timely coverage
- Keeping the Humor staff abreast of important news developments
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health benefits
- Catered lunch on Fridays
If you think you’re a fit, we’d love to hear from you. Send us a resume, three writing samples and a brief, but detailed, plan on how you’ll tackle growing our Humor vertical.