15 Things That Define The Difference Between A Man And A Boy
If you are a woman and you seek a man, then it's simple: Stop chasing the boys. As guys, we hear complaints from women all of the time. Women complain about juvenile, non-ambitious, promiscuous boys.
Generally, you seek people who fit your attractions; therefore, you get what you ask for. To the contrary, if you don't expect much in life, you will tend to feel comfortable and settle for less.
So, ladies, if you want that accomplished, nice, successful and fun guy who has his sh*t together, step up your game. It is not just age that defines the men from the boys, but character and action, too.
To make it easier for you, I developed a list of how to separate the men from the boys:
1. A man does not live with his parents (for an extended time).
2. A man has his finances in order.
3. A man does not let his ass hang out of his pants.
4. A man's language does not revolve around slang — if he swears in every sentence, proceed somewhere else.
5. A man doesn't refer to sex as “f*cking.”
6. A man has a stable job and does not get fired constantly or live on unemployment payments.
7. A man takes you out and understands that him paying is a discussion, not an expectation.
8. A man defends you.
9. When around friends, a man still acts as he would with just you and treats you with respect.
10. A man does not check out other women in front of you.
11. A man surprises you and helps you when you need it.
12. A man hates when you cry and does what he can to ensure that it never happens. If he truly cares, his heart will be just as sad to see you in distress.
13. A man will willingly watch chick flicks with you at times.
14. A man is constantly trying to better himself via education and work. He enjoys sharing his knowledge with you.
15. Men prefer to give than receive.
Today, men and women may seem to be on different pages when in reality, most of us want the same thing. Do not settle for less when you deserve more. Also, why waste time with boys when you know that they wouldn't last in a long-term relationship?
Furthermore, if you fight constantly, do not force something that will never work and will just cause more stress. It is essential to find someone who makes you happy and stick to what you need. These people are out there; it just takes time to find them.
To find a crappy relationship is a lot easier than to find one that's awesome; the odds are always with the majority, not the exception. If the guy you meet is all about himself and a taker rather than a giver, you should move along.
A guy who is really interested in you and who cares will be proactive and authentic with his interest in you.
To find that man, try dating outside of what you are used to. Also, don't be afraid to stick to your idea of a man and not bend your standards due to fear. It is imperative for you to know first who YOU are and what you need.
If you try to deviate from this, you will just be unhappy later in life. There is no point in starting a relationship that you know won't go anywhere.
If a guy wants you and knows your standards, he will step up his game and make the shift from boy to a man.
Photo Courtesy: Flint and Tinder
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.