2012 has been a wild and truly bizarre year to say the least. I mean we have really seen it all; from mindless shooting massacres to people eating each other's faces right off, this certainly does feel like the end of the world and the Mayans may be right after all.
But the scariest part is that it's not even over yet. Who knows what the month of December will bring us? These are the most jaw-dropping images of 2012.
20. People tanning next to the sunken Costa Concordia
19. Hurricane Sandy victims discover old family records in the rubble
18. A daredevil tightrope walks across the Niagra Falls
17. A Trayvon Martin protester
16. The clearest image of Mars ever taken
15. An anti-gay attack in Ukraine
14. Shitty FIT students pose next to a homeless man during NYC’s Fashion Week
13. The moment before a woman’s suicide attempt after getting laid off in Greece
12. The Virgin Mary statue left standing in Breezy Point, Queens after Hurricane Sandy
11. Memorial outside of the Aurora, Colorado theater where the Dark Knight shooting took place
10. New Jersey devastated after Hurricane Sandy
9. Rioter kicks police in Greece
8. The Waldo Canyon fire in Colorado
7. An Israeli protester being pepper-sprayed in the face
6. The Dutch floods in February
5. Felix Baumgartner’s 24-mile free fall from space
4. Space Shuttle Enterprise flying over NYC
3. A protester sets himself on fire in Tibet
2. A man just seconds before he was struck and killed by a subway train after getting pushed onto the tracks in NYC
1. A sailor and his wife who stuck with him through a lot of adversity
Top Photo Credit: Getty Images
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.