All throughout the world there are many different traditions that would seem a bit outlandish to outsiders. Then there are the traditions that are just downright ridiculous.
You will be shocked to see what some countries partake in annually to carry on their customs that have been handed down to them for decades.
These are the most ridiculous events that take place around the world.
10. Wife Carrying World Championship, Finland
9. Tunarama (Tuna Throwing Competition), Australia
8. The Air Guitar World Championships, Finland
7. Els Enfarinats (Egg and Flour Street Fight), Spain
6. Monkey Buffet Festival, Thailand
5. Cooper’s Hill Cheese-Rolling and Wake, England
4. Honen Matsuri (Parade for male fertility), Japan
3. La Tomatina (Tomaato Street Fight), Spain
2. Up Helly Aa (march to mark the end of the yule season), Scotland
1. El Colacho (Baby Jumping), Spain
Top Photo Credit: Getty Images