Boots, Scarves And Pumpkins: 14 Ways To Know You're Obsessed With The Fall Season
It's here, finally.
You've been dragging that lackluster ass in shorts and capris for the past few weeks, so you're ready for something new. What better to bring a much-needed change of scenery than the start of fall?
You've officially run out of inordinately small clothes to wear, and you just kind of want to eat some ice cream, unapologetically.
Warm weather is great, but it got a bit too boiling this year. Maybe you left your iPhone in the car for a couple of hours, and you're still working to pry the melted case off of your beloved lifeline.
Just as you were about to finally invest in an air conditioner, you realized that the glorious season of vivid colors, crisp weather and general happiness was arriving.
Fall is your ideal season; it's not too hot, not too cold and chock-full of opportunities to have fun. While summer is the season of mai tais, bikinis and beach parties, fall means holidays, time off work, snuggle season and a fresh start.
It might be hard for some people to let go of summer, but you're more than ready to jump into the change. Here are 14 ways to know you're obsessed with the fall season:
1. You've been wearing jeans and boots for the past three weeks, and when people ask you why you're not wearing shorts, you clutch your favorite scarf tightly and smile.
2. You've been an aficionado of seasonal drinks and pastries since you can remember, and Starbucks isn't the only pumpkin spice latte purveyor of which you're aware.
You're a connoisseur of all things pumpkin, from muffin to scone, and know all of the best spots in town to get your fix. Does that still qualify as basic? Potentially. If it's wrong, you don't want to be right.
3. You're the only person you know who is actually a bit depressed by constant heat, sweat and sun.
4. You dream of the gorgeous natural colors that only fall provides and curse the day you move somewhere without an abundance of trees.
5. You can't wait for it to be cold enough for you to actually use the down blanket you bought on Groupon this summer.
6. Since sleeping naked is one of THE BEST THINGS EVER, you can't wait to strip down and bask in the chilly glory that will soon be your room.
7. The number of online shopping carts full of fall clothes you're ready to order is quite alarming.
8. Alas, you realize you can't afford all of that and settle for two vests at H&M.
9. You've had a “fall budget” in the works since June, which outlines all your special fall expenses.
10. If, for any reason, it doesn't get cool and crisp enough in your area, you're willing to drive wherever on weekends just to experience the season.
11. You've taken time off work to go see a friend from college who lives in a chilly state for Halloween.
12. Speaking of Halloween, you've had your costume idea pinned since November of last year.
13. Despite the fact that your parents' house is hundreds of miles away, you will inevitably be sitting at their Thanksgiving dinner table, scarfing down turducken.
14. You opt for seasonally-themed alcoholic drinks, even if they're disgusting. Maple leaf martini? Right up your alley, as you respect anything crafted for fall.
Photo Courtesy: We Heart It
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.