It’s not always easy walking away from the things we knew and loved when we were teens (like those tried-and-trusted Uggs, tear-away sweats and the original, boat-sized iPod), but now that we’re 14 years into the 2000s, it’s time to drop some of the decades-old baggage that we’ve been carrying around at the door.
The 21st century is a melting pot of reinvention and new ideas and much like our beloved pop culture phenoms, up-and-coming brands are shedding their stiff skin and stealing the show with awesome products that make our lives way easier.
But how do you know if you’re one of the unlucky ones still living under a rock?
1. You’re still using BBM.
We know, we know, you’re “waiting for an upgrade.” Right, but you forget that there’s a whole new world of iThings just waiting for you to buy them!
2. You haven’t trashed all your floppy disks yet.
…Because they’re filled with valuable information that you wrote in the third grade and you never know when you’ll need an adolescent refresher on the Civil War. Here’s a tip: Buy a thumb drive. Get a Google doc. Join the rest of the world in the 21st century.
3. You’re still buying your event tickets through the vendors…
Earth to Millennials! TickPick. has created an easy-to-use and up-to-date online marketplace for you to buy and sell tickets to all types of events for prices you can actually afford.
You won’t fork over anything in fees and taxes for tickets to your favorite game and events, which means you’ve got way more money to spend on food and drinks and more time to kill taking #Selfies while everyone else waits in line.
4. You still have a Bluetooth adaptor for your phone…
…And you’ve still never used it. Here’s a tip: iThings come with headphones that work much better — and look way less dated. Plus, no one wants to play the “Is he talking to me? Or is he not talking to me?” when standing in the morning coffee line.
5. You just recently bought a graphic tee/trucker hat/velour sweats/nameplate necklace.
What? They’re back in style now — and come on, this Mickey Mouse tee is on point!
6. You refuse to sell your Nintendo 64.
It is a collector’s item, OKAY?! Besides, there’s nothing more satisfying than a game of Mario Kart after an awful work day.
7. You still remember that time you moved Rachel out of your Top 8.
It’s not your fault she was being a bad friend and told Scott that you had a crush on him.
8. You’re still printing out directions before taking a trip.
Why don’t you try using one of the, oh, I don’t know, 400 million simplified ways like just downloading the app onto your phone?!
9. You occasionally use your hair crimper.
Because you never know when the next jungle-themed party is going to be and you need to be prepared for whatever comes.
10. You have a ringtone that you bought online.
What? I like this song, okay?
11. You’re still rooting for Britney and Justin to end up together.
Pinky and Stinky forever.
12. No matter how many times you remind yourself, you’re still so relieved Rachel got off the plane.
Oh my God, did she get off the plane?! Did she get off the plane?!
13. You’re still thanking Jessica Simpson for teaching you what “Chicken of the Sea” really means.
Sorry, but learning the difference between canned chicken and tuna salad is one of MTV’s defining moments.
14. You own a pair of Crocs.
No explanation necessary. (But seriously, why?)
15. You see nothing wrong with showing up to the premiere of your favorite book-turned-movie decked head-to-toe in full-on costume.
If it was okay for “Harry Potter,” than it’s damn-well okay for “The Fault In Our Stars.”
Photo Courtesy: We Heart It