48 Signs You've Hit Your Late 20s, Are Completely Ancient And Love It
It's a sad, sad moment when you realize the party person you used to be no longer serves a purpose in your life. Long gone are the days you looked forward to blacking out with your friends.
Those nights have since been replaced with your couch, a bottle of wine and good ol' Netflix.
We are maturing and, oddly enough, we seem to love it! There are far fewer hangovers, considerably fewer terrible decisions being made and many more meaningful friendships.
Life is still fun, but it seems to be a different type of fun.
How do you know you are officially on track to being “old”? Well your life may look a little something like this:
1. Your idea of a weekend getaway is a trip home to your family's house
2. You get excited when people cancel plans on you
3. You voluntarily stay in on Friday nights in order to be productive the next day
4. Actually, that's just what you tell everyone else, you're really just trying to save money
5. You realize how financially smart it is to cook each and every single one of your meals
6. You dread celebrating people's birthdays — especially your own
7. You start eating better to feel better — not just to look better
8. You attend weddings on a monthly, if not weekly, basis
9. You would never, ever think of attending an 18+ event
10. You really can't seem to stand anyone under the age of 22
11. You think teenagers are the rudest individuals you've ever met
12. If you're a female, you've started buying shoes based on practicality, not heel height
13. You start investing your money on items you will actually get use out of — like a solid jacket and not the new iPhone 6
14. You are getting fed up with making plans via text
15. Actually, you are getting fed up with texting altogether
16. Why don't people just make phone calls? Isn't that so much easier?
17. Hangovers last you days and serve as a reminder to slow the F down
18. You've finally started saying “no” to plans you really don't want to go to without feeling bad for it
19. You stopped asking your just-as-clueless friends for advice and you turn to your parents instead
20. Your friends are getting engaged and you actually feel happy for them
21. You can't sleep later than 10 am on the weekends
22. And if by some miracle you do, you are pissed at yourself
23. Your refrigerator is decorated with save the date cards instead of magnets of your favorite bars
24. While the inside of your refrigerator is actually filled with ingredients — not just condiments!
25. You've stopped making excuses not to go out, you just, well, don't
26. You prioritize the gym over happy hour…
27. …And you've stopped feeling guilty for it
28. You spend more money on your work clothes than your going out clothes
29. And same actually goes for your work-out clothes
30. You voluntarily read or watch the news
31. You have a difficult time when plans make you break your routine
32. You really do love your routine
33. You actually realize you want to make your bed before leaving the apartment in the morning
34. You put your dishes immediately into the dishwasher
35. You also immediately put the toilet paper roll on the holder and not the sink counter
36. Before buying new things, you really and truly ask yourself, “Do I need this?”
37. You create a budget and actually stick to it
38. Well at least you try really, really hard
39. You've stopped buying coffee from Starbucks
40. Actually, you've just stopped spending extra on coffee and have accepted the in-office type
41. You've stopped trying to “keep up” with people
42. You don't believe in trends
43. You only Instagram one meal every few months
44. You prefer eating foods that actual come with some nutritional value
45. You've given up all fast foods
46. You find yourself in bed before 10 pm on week nights, and love it
47. You refuse to attend any weekly activities that occur after 9:30 pm
48. You read posts like this to reinforce the fact you are not alone in your quest into adulthood
Photo Courtesy: Heidi Systo
Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.