The 100 Things Every 20-Something Needs To Realize
As Generation-Y, we're the new frontier. We've experienced the largest generational gap in history and sometimes life isn't easy. These are 100 rules Generation-Y should live by:
1. You need a minimum of an hour to get ready before work or class.
2. Don't hit the snooze button. If you gotta get up, then get up.
3. Shaving is more than a suggestion. That goes for both men and women.
4. If you eat enough pizza, you will turn into a tub of oily cheese.
5. Running isn't just for four-legged animals.
6. Getting high gets old.
7. Getting drunk doesn't. But don't tell that to your liver.
8. Unprotected sex is a regret waiting to happen.
9. The quiet ones are the best between the sheets — although it may take some time for them to open up.
10. Dating is overrated and usually a waste of time.
11. Don't date unless you think you may fall in love with them.
12. Facebook is boring and a waste of time. It is. Really.
13. When you think you're missing out, you're not.
14. Nothing good happens after 3 am.
15. Sex is better if you are emotionally involved with your partner.
16. Reading is always better than watching TV.
17. Watching reality TV makes you dumber.
18. Yay, you can twerk!! But can you do anything useful?
19. The way people see you is just as important as the way you see yourself.
20. Friends are hard to come by. Don't ignore those you have.
21. Most people want something from you.
22. There is no such thing as free.
23. You don't have a hole in your wallet; money just disappears.
24. Putting more money into your car than the car is worth makes you look stupid.
25. Listening to music too loud CAN make you go deaf.
26. Drunken sloppy sex is only good the first time — maybe the first two times.
27. Don't spend money on things you don't need because you won't have money for the things that you do need.
28. In a healthy relationship, he should love you even more without makeup.
29. Being in a relationship is not a reason to let yourself go.
30. More tongue is not the answer.
31. Ladies: your teeth are for chewing. We don't like to be chewed.
32. Never be satisfied with your current sex life, always strive to be better. Try new things, you might like it #Shocker.
33. Stop using hashtags. They're not always appropriate.
34. If you can get her into bed before date 3, then you'll get bored with her by week 2.
35. We all like the chase.
36. Love will cost you.
37. Men may not only be looking for sex, but sex is definitely a part of it. A big part.
38. Waiting until you get married to have sex is dangerous.
39. Bad sex = bad relationship.
40. If you're going to get a tattoo then make it small and have it somewhere inconspicuous.
41. Savings accounts are not for dummies.
42. You will hate yourself for getting a new credit card.
43. If you're feeling sh*tty, get some exercise.
44. You should always do your best to look your best because it will make you feel your best.
46. Learn to play chess.
47. The world works, in large part, by manipulation.
48. Having the ability to read people will get you further in life than anything else.
49. It's not just whom you know, but also what you know that matters.
50. You should live in New York City for at least a year.
51. You should live abroad for at least a year.
52. As a rule of thumb, don't do drugs. You don't ever know what you're actually taking.
53. Less is almost always more.
54. Beauty lies in simplicity.
55. Overcomplicating things leaves things overly complicated.
56. If you sleep around with a lot of people, then get tested. Otherwise, who cares? As long as you're clean, you're clean.
57. Make mistakes now. Making them later will be too late.
58. We all want what we can't have. Remind yourself of that every day.
59. You can do less and produce more.
60. It's all about efficiency.
61. You can't buy time.
62. Time itself is an illusion. Always think: “I'll be there before I know it.” And you'll prove yourself right each time.
63. They stopped making good music in the 90s.
64. You don't actually want to be a DJ. You just don't understand what it means to be one.
65. Lower your expectations and you won't be so disappointed.
66. Using toys can be fun for both parties.
67. Size does matter. It goes for both sexes.
68. If you expect oral sex then have the courtesy to lather and rinse beforehand.
69. Don't say I love you unless you mean it.
70. Don't be afraid to fall in love.
72. Violence is for idiots. Use your words.
73. Being smarter does make you the better person.
74. Kill them with kindness.
75. You don't need to be an assh*le to get ahead in life, but you can't be a pushover either.
76. Your cellphone is ruining your life.
77. There is no substitute for face-to-face human interaction.
78. Get checkups regularly. It could save your life.
79. If you're going to smoke, then use a vaporizer.
80. It is your moral responsibility to be healthy.
81. Going down goes a long way.
82. Slow and gentle will always get her off. Rough and intense only works on occasion.
83. If you're using the pulling-out method, then you have a good chance of pulling out a baby in a few months.
84. Don't drink cheap liquor.
85. Don't eat crap food.
86. Drink lots and lots of water. Most of you are chronically dehydrated.
88. Sudoku helps fight off future dementia.
89. You don't have ADD.
90. You're most likely to be your own cause of depression.
91. The way you see the world is all that matters. But understand that you may be delusional.
92. There's always more to the story.
93. People lie.
94. You are alone in this life. Accept that and appreciate the moments when you don't feel so alone.
95. Family is more important.
96. If you don't work to improve yourself every day then you are wasting your life.
97. Passion is what makes life worth living.
98. You are always better off than most people in the world.
99. You aren't entitled to sh*t — nada. You get what you earn.
100. No matter what happens, never give up. Ever.
*This article has been edited to exclude potentially explicit content; the views and opinions expressed within this article are solely those of the contributor. These views and opinions are not representative of Elite Daily.