Being an “alpha” is gender blind. It’s a unisex title as both genders are taking a pretty high rank of power in the workforce and business world. Alphas are the people who run the world, which is why they are called alphas, which means first and top of the line.
It’s not just about being smooth or bleeding charisma, there is a lot more that goes into living the alpha lifestyle that many only dream of having. It’s all about living a life full of fulfillment and self-actualization. The alpha way of life lives within all of us, but it has to be realized, or else it remains inside forever.
To be successful you need to have your alpha personality shine, rarely in the history of humanity has there been a beta that has excelled and commanded people.
Our world functions as a dichotomy: there are the people who give orders and then there are those people that take orders. The alphas command from a position of power that is propelled by their confidence and ability to control and to inspire others. Here are the 25 characteristics of your alpha personality that you need for success.
1. The alpha is persistent. There’s no quit in this person. He’s the tortoise, not the hare — the last man standing. Persistence will get you everywhere. It’s all about getting further than everyone else.
2. The alpha is confident; he can walk into a room without knowing anyone and still be the life of the party and the center of attention. It’s the confidence that propels him to do so.
3. The alpha is in top physical shape. No one wants to see a fat rich guy or someone in his 30s who looks like he’s allergic to a treadmill. It’s all about being healthy and looking aesthetically pleasing to everyone around him.
4. The alpha is courageous. He doesn’t lack fear, rather, he accepts that it exists and faces it at every opportunity. He understands that in this world you need to have balls to make something happen.
5. The alpha can entertain. His sense of humor can have a group of people hanging on his every word. It’s about speaking with certainty and having people eating out of your hands.
6. The alpha has stories to tell. He has lived – and is living – a unique life. He has made mistakes, but he is able to find humor in them. He has had adventures that everyone wants to hear about. He lives his life to the extreme when others don’t even come close.
7. The alpha can laugh at himself. This is a generally over-looked characteristic, but a necessary one. An alpha can’t be made fun of, because he’ll join in, and no one can do it better than he can.
8. The alpha is humble. No matter how far he gets in life and no matter how wealthy he is, he is still grounded and never forgets where he came from. He saw the struggle and the journey and is made modest by it.
9. The alpha is educated. A degree isn’t a prerequisite, but a thirst for knowledge is. He wants to keep learning and eventually know everything possible. This helps him to relate to everything and everyone with whom he comes in contact. He can take a conversation anywhere from French wine to car engines and football.
10. The alpha is extremely likeable. He is tough, often quiet, composed and has self-control, but can turn anything into a good time.
11. The alpha makes his words valuable. He doesn’t talk just to hear the sound of his own voice. His words are chosen carefully, he respects the power of words and knows how to elicit exactly what he desires from them.
12. The alpha has a purpose. This may be his most defining trait. Where many wander through life trying to find themselves, the alpha is too busy creating himself. Every day he does something to bring himself closer to his goal. He doesn’t meander aimlessly and waste his time. He knows what he wants and he knows how he is going to get it.
13. The alpha is a hard worker. He knows that nothing great is accomplished without hard work and a definite purpose. He is not the one who runs out of the office at 5pm and shuts off his email. He is probably sleeping there.
14. The alpha is a warrior, not a worrier. He understands that certain things aren’t in his control. He does everything he can to control what he can, but doesn’t worry about what he can’t. He’s not concerned with tomorrow as he is too busy with today.
15. The alpha is a fighter. He is not a bully or an emotional wreck, searching for a fight in every corner. He fights if it is the logical thing to do, both physically and mentally. War is war and he ensures he will end up on top. His competitive nature won’t let him lose.
16. The alpha has style. He takes pride in how he looks and people respect him for that. He also knows how to dress like a man. You’d never call the alpha male a metrosexual.
17. The alpha knows who he is and his values govern his life. He doesn’t stray from these values; in fact, he stands up for them. Even when he stands alone in what he believes is right, he digs his heels in and fights. It’s about being a leader, not a follower.
18. The alpha is competitive. He can’t stand losing and would rather die than lose a simple game of rock, paper, scissors. His competitive nature is what propels him to get ahead in life.
19. The alpha isn’t a sucker. He isn’t a clinger. He doesn’t go out of his way to please everyone because that’s a futile endeavor. He won’t let a woman run his life. He’s his own man. Though he worships the ground his lady walks on, he knows how to pick ‘em. He won’t be with a control-freak or a jealous woman. He has the social intelligence to see that storm before it peeks its nasty little head.
20. The alpha is a person of value. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” Einstein knew that success is achieved through valuation. The alpha is a man of value and values. He makes the lives of others better by being a part of them.
21. The alpha helps others. He is generous and gets joy out of making other people happy. Life isn’t only about accomplishments, but also about leaving a legacy. That legacy is how he made others feel, and how he helps others accomplish their dreams.
22. The alpha is a leader who leads by example. He doesn’t tell people how to live, but lives in the manner he sees as best to live — and people follow him for it.
23. Alphas throughout history: Achilles, William Wallace and Napoleon, saw opportunity where others saw failure. The alpha will fail, but he won’t see failure as the end. He’s sees it as a necessary part of the experience, a stepping-stone. Knowing this allows him to try things others won’t, and to work harder when others usually quit. Betas run from failure.
24. The alpha is stubborn. His stubbornness is what will make him the most successful person he wants to be. When he starts something he is passionate about, no one can get in his way. He is in it until the end and he is confident and rational, and thus, he succeeds. It is about having no self-doubt and going after what you want.
25. The alpha male doesn’t try to be an alpha male. That’s where so many fail. He is interested in life, in living. He’s fascinated by the world around him, in becoming the best man he can possibly become. He genuinely cares about people.
He passionately works hard. He’s excited by life, by the opportunity that each day presents. He’s genuine in every facet of who he is. Each of these characteristics is possessed by him naturally, or will be as he grows as a man. Bred from curiosity, a genuine kindness and a warrior’s heart, he is who he is, and all others follow him wherever he will lead them.
Preston Waters | Elite.