10 Reasons Why You Should Attend Snowball 2013
Most people would think that having a festival outside in the middle of the Rocky Mountains at the end of winter is completely bonkers. But, for Coloradians (or die-hard mountain enthusiasts) a music festival outside in the wintertime is a supreme idea.
Snowball Music Festival is celebrating its 3-year anniversary at Winter Park this year, which is packed with a lot excitement — so much so that we don’t even know where to begin! Instead of making it complicated we’re going to list all the reasons why you and your friends should attend Snowball this year:
1. Pretty Lights is headlining. Since Pretty Lights is local to Colorado this is a super big deal — nothing is quite like a Pretty Lights show in the local homestead.
2. Big Gigantic is another headliner. Also Colorado locals — a Big G show is never to be missed. Not to mention the super whompy beats accompanied by Dominic’s saxophone and Jeremy’s drums sets a dirty sexy kind of vibe and who doesn’t love that?
3. STS9 is also headlining. The jam scene in Colorado is pretty wild and adding a psychedelic synthesizer into the mix makes STS9 shows an unforgettable and spiritually moving experience.
4. Krewella, Datsik, Porter Robinson, Flosstradamus, Crizzly and many others are the headliner support. All we can say is this: you and your friends will be dancing so much that you won’t even notice the cold. These artists are going to make Colorado so hot even if it is snowing outside.
5. There is a “Big Air” ski and snowboard jump near the main stage. This is a pure example of what Colorado is all about: extreme sports and incredible dance music. There isn’t really anything quite like this anywhere else.
6. Reindeer drag racing in between the 2nd and 3rd race. Are you serious? This sounds insanely awesome, especially when you are partying.
7. There are live art sculptures. We all have seen live painters but seeing live sculpting is on the next level.
8. Cuddling up with your snow bunny in the heat lounge. Whether you are at Snowball with your significant other or have found a new flirtatious buddy the heat lounge gives you a perfect excuse to get affectionate.
9. The Euphonic Conceptions crew is throwing the after parties. Euphonic Conceptions is also local to Colorado and has become a living-legend of a company with their banging after parties for over six years. Even though the line ups haven’t been
announced yet we all know they won’t be a disappointment. Snowball hard, my friends.
10. Most importantly, shredding all day to partying all night. What is not to love? Talk about mega endorphin release 24/7 for three days straight!
Snowball Music Festival is not to be missed. It is becoming a part of Colorado culture itself and it is an experience everyone should have. With all that said there are a couple of tips to prepare for this snowy festival: be overly prepared for bad weather — it is better to be too hot than to be cold and make sure you have a designated driver for each night because Rocky Mountain roads aren’t meant to be driven on drunk.
Tickets are running out so make sure to get yours fast here!
Hope to see all you snow bunnies there!
Elektro | Elite.