The Things You Didn’t Know About Swedish House Mafia
Swedish House Mafia has made a lot of noise over the years having DJed countless events worldwide. The trio of Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello is truly legendary in the field of Electric Dance Music.
The group officially formed in 2007 and have been rocking together since. Unfortunately this year marks the final time they will tour together as they look to end it with a bang closing out at Ultra Music Festival in Miami.
All good things come to an end as each of these DJs look to pursue their own careers. So before we officially say goodbye, here are the Things You Didn’t Know About Swedish House Mafia.
Eddie Cuffin | Elite.
15. Steve Angello was born in Athens to a Greek father and Swedish mother.
14. His father was killed when he was a teenager due to his ties in a criminal organization.
13. He started out as a turntablist, fusing 70s classics, hip-hop and break beats.
12. His claim to fame was Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" remix in 2004.
11. He also refers to himself as 'Who's Who' when he performs solo.
10. Steve is currently engaged to Isabel Adrian and has two daughters.
9. Sebastian Ingrosso grew up in Stockholm where he spent his teenage years in his father's studio learning how to make music.
8. His first official remix was released in 1999.
7. Sebastian now owns his own record label called Refune.
6. Alesso is one of the artists signed under Refune.
5. Axwell taught himself to play drums by age nine.
4. He once released a remix to 'Tell Me Why' with Steve Angello under the alias Supermode.
3. He also received a Grammy nomination for his remix of 'Sweet Disposition' for the 53rd Grammy Awards.
2. And his remix of 'In My Mind' was nominated for a Grammy during the 55th Grammy Awards.
1. Axwell co-wrote and co-produced "Rain On Me' with Cyndi Lauper for her album.