For years now we have seen virtual reality simulators be used for flying and even space exploration purposes. This is a great tool not only for training subjects but for also mentally preparing them for what they must do by literally thrusting them in the situation.
However thankfully these aren’t just used solely training but for an array of purposes, from being inside of a video game to living in a virtual world. These are the most unique virtual reality simulators that actually exist today.
10. Rise of Flight: Simulates flying in planes from the 19th century
9. Dental surgery: Simulates how to do procedures on patients
8. CAVE: A 3D virtual view inside the body
7. ArthroS: Arthroscopic simulator for knee arthroscopy
6. Skyrim Overworld: Video game simulator
5. Combat Simulator for post traumatic stress disorder victims
4. 3D experience simulator: A trip into 3D life
3. Full Oculus Rift Demo: Shooting combat game simulator
2. Personal space simulator: Simulates what it means to keep your distance
1. The living image: A 3D city for you to wander in
Top Photo Credit: Getty Images