10 Colleges With The Most Students In Fraternities

10 Colleges With The Most Students In Fraternities
World

Although the movie Animal House and its comedic portrayal of Greek life on campus was at least partially based on Dartmouth College in New Hampshire, some of the top schools for fraternities are actually based in Tennessee.

The Volunteer State is evidently hospitable to formal brotherhood societies, as it is home to two of the top five schools in the nation for percentage of fraternity enrollment. Dartmouth, where 48 percent of male students enrolled in fraternities in fall 2011, is 10th on the top 10 list.

At the 951 ranked college and universities that reported fraternity participation data to U.S. News in a 2012 survey, an average of 8.1 percent of the male, degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled in fall 2011 were members of a fraternity.

The average fraternity membership at the top 10 schools for male Greek life participation was much higher: 68.9 percent. The list has a very different look from the 2011 version. The second school this year, for instance—Lyon College in Arkansas—was nowhere to be seen on last year’s top 10 list.

Welch College in Tennessee has a whopping 98% of their male students as members of a Frat. I wonder if the other 2% get any love on campus?

Andrew Alvez | Elite. 

Share Tweet
React
Like Us On Facebook
Like Us On Facebook

Andrew Alvez

Andrew is a sports authority. One of the most knowledgeable sports journalists in the industry. Andrew boasts his two degrees in Communication and English to credit his writing ability. As a co-editor and writer Andrew tries his best to better the Sports page every time he graces the illustrious pages of Elite Daily.

Original Video

Everything You Need To Know About Marijuana

Jesus has risen, but how high did he get? While Easter and 4/20 falling on the same day is most definitely a weird coincidence, it will also highlight a pretty important public opinion on what’s more important: weed or candy eggs? Sto...

More In World

World Connor Toole

Ukranian Man Offers $10k Each For Capture Of Russian Invaders

A Ukrainian politician has put a bounty on the head of Russian mercenaries in an attempt to stymie the neighboring country’s hostile actions in the region. According to The Trumpet, Borys Filatov, the lieutenant governor of Dnipropetrovsk, posted a message to Facebook earlier this week in which he provided a number of incentives for anyone […]

World Sean Levinson

The Flyer About Jews Needing To Register In East Ukraine Is Thankfully Fake

Western intervention in Ukraine seemed like a distinct possibility yesterday when it was reported that the Jewish community in the eastern city of Donetsk, currently occupied by pro-Russian militants, was given leaflets saying that they would be deported if they did not register with what is calling itself the city’s temporary government. But according to […]

World Sean Levinson

The Underwater Search For MH370 Could Cost A Quarter Billion Dollars

An underwater vehicle made by a private American company is currently searching for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. It has come up with nothing after four missions covering nearly 50 square miles of sea. If the US continues employing private companies to search for the plane, it could cost a quarter of a billion dollars. […]

Also On Elite

World

How Does Your Country Rank? The Countries With The Happiest Young People

If you ever were lucky enough to study sociology, you may understand that quality of life is quantifiable in terms of a country’s social structures. Public health programs, childcare systems and retirement age can all be factors that determine how satisfied (read: happy) citizens are. Typically, these polls center on tax-paying adults. For the first […]

Life

12 Courageous Things Every Person Should Do Before Turning 30

If you think your time is running out and life is moving faster than you can keep up with, you’re not delusional, you’re perceptive. Time is moving faster and you are starting to lose the race. Before you realize it, you will wake up and be 30, looking back on things you wish you had […]

Sports

From Family Business To Billion-Dollar Company: The WWE Story (Video)

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! Elite Daily proudly brings you the ultimate WWE video to get you ready for WrestleMania! WWE’s WrestleMania 30 is taking place this Sunday at the Mercedes Benz Super Dome in New Orleans, Louisiana, and to get you more excited than you already are, we have […]