article-2405681-1B8486B5000005DC-380_634x422

19-Year-Old College Student Overdoses On Molly And Dies At Zedd Show In Boston

article-2405681-1B8486B5000005DC-380_634x422
Jordan Shepherd

A concert at Boston’s House of Blues ended tragically when three people overdosed on Molly, including a Plymouth State University student, who died from the incident.

19-year-old Brittany Flannigan was rushed from the Zedd concert after overdosing on the party drug, but died shortly after arriving at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital.

The other two, a man and a woman both in their twenties, survived after being treated.

According to statements made by police to WBZ-TV, all three appeared to have overdosed on Molly, the popular powder form of MDMA, more commonly known as ecstasy.

Zedd, a popular German DJ who sold out the House of Blues that night to start off his world tour, cancelled the following show in Boston out of respect for the families and friends of Flannigan, and he tweeted in response to the tragedy.

 

The 23-year-old Zedd had a message for his fans, reminding them of what’s really important.

 

According to The Boston Herald, the nurse in the ER found two pink pills in the pocket of the woman’s jeans who survived, as well as a bag of powder in her bra.

The other victim was said to be violently struggling with the hospital staff.

If you’re going to a major rave or concert like this weekend’s Electric Zoo, please be responsible and careful. There’s no need to throw your life away by overdosing on drugs at a concert.

Top photo via Facebook 

Jordan Shepherd

Jordan Shepherd

Contributor

Comments
4

View More