Vodka

Dog Drinks A Bottle Of Vodka To Save His Life

Vodka
Paul Hudson

Yet another win for our favorite beverage vodka. A few months ago it saved the lives of two elephants in Siberia from freezing to death, and now it saved the life of a puppy.

An American Staffordshire puppy named Cleo- a Christmas present- was struck with deadly ethylene glycol poisoning after she had been licking radiator fluid off of random car parts in her owner’s garage. Within half-an-hour the pup was on the verge of kidney failure.

Owner Stacey Zammit, 27, from Truganina, rushed Cleo to the vet who gave the pup some vodka.

“The vet had a bottle of vodka, which was a gift, so they just hooked her up,” Ms Zammit said. “The next time I saw her I asked if she was wasted and the vet was like, ‘yeah’. Cleo had really bloodshot eyes and she was pretty unsteady. She couldn’t move around much because she was so wasted.”

The little dog was administered about a bottle and a half of vodka over a period of less than 72 hours.

“The alcohol stops a chemical reaction in the body,” said Dr. Indrawirawan from Animal Accident and Emergency Point Cook. “Without the vodka, Cleo was likely to develop renal failure.”

Thankfully Cleo has made a full recovery and only had to deal with a hangover the same way any of us would:

“She slept a lot and she was eating a lot, but she seems really happy now.”

Paul Hudson | Elite. 

Paul Hudson

Paul Hudson

Staff Writer

No Comments