PHONE

Teenage Girl’s Smartphone Catches Fire And Scorches Her Bed While She Sleeps (Photos)

PHONE
Profile wp-user-avatar wp-user-avatar-square-medium alignnone photo of Anthony Ruggiero

It is no secret that this generation is addicted to social media, using smartphones from morning until night.

Ariel Tolfree, 13, learned to disconnect the hard way. Tolfree placed her phone underneath her pillow before going to sleep, only to be awoken by a burning pillow and bedsheets.

Samsung has stated that a third party battery overheating was the cause of the fire.

Tolfree reports waking in the middle of the night to a melting phone. She said,

I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep and then I woke up again and it was more prominent.

Pictures from Tolfree’s room show burn marks caused by the phone, which is completely unrecognizable following the fire.

Samsung’s Common Phone policy warns users not to cover their devices with bedding or objects, stating that it could cause a fire. Thomas Tolfree, the girl’s father, said,

If anything, they should put a big warning on it, like a cigarette label, if that’s the case.

Samsung has requested that the phone be mailed back to them. They have offered to replace the phone, pillow and sheets following the incident.

cell

smokes

PHONE

H/T: Daily Mail

Profile wp-user-avatar wp-user-avatar-square-medium alignnone photo of Anthony Ruggiero

Anthony Ruggiero

Contributor

No Comments