Study: Fast Food Takes 30 Minutes Away From Your Life
We have all heard before that fast food was bad for us- but now, thanks to David Spiegelhalter, PHD, we know exactly how bad.
In a paper published in the British Medical Journal, Spiegelhalter spells out exactly how much time each of our habits takes away from our lives. Here are some of his findings:
- Burger: -30 minutes
- Smoking 2 cigarettes: -30 minutes
- Drinking 2 extra drinks (3/day for women, 4/day for men): -30 minutes
- One Portion of red meat: -30 minutes
- Extra 11 pounds of body weight: -30 minutes
- Watching 2 hours of TV: -30 minutes
However, the findings weren’t all bad:
- Drinking 1 drink per day: +30 minutes
- 20 minutes of moderate exercise a day: +1 hour
- Daily fresh fruits and vegetables: +2 hours
- Being a women: +2 hours/day
Paul Hudson | Elite.