Teenager Nearly Dies After Swallowing Magnet Tongue Studs

Teenager Nearly Dies After Swallowing Magnet Tongue Studs
World
Like Us On Facebook
Like Us On Facebook

15-year-old Michael Delaney was four hours away from death before surgeons were able to save his life after he swallowed a fashion accessory.

Powerful magnet studs, resembling ball-bearing, are the new rage in Britain. However, they are very dangerous. After Delaney swallowed the two studs, they ripped through his intestines while the acid from the metal seriously damaged his bowels.

Surgeons had no choice but to cut his bowels in three places to retrieve the magnets that most likely caused permanent damage.

“It was a really frightening experience. I couldn’t walk, talk or even move and the thought that I could be dead if I hadn’t gone into hospital is really scary, ” said Delaney.

“I just had a really intense stomachache but it never occurred to me that it might have been the studs. I’d swallowed them two weeks before but just thought they’d pass through. I thought they were safe but now I know how serious magnets can be and I’d say to anyone who uses these studs that you’re putting yourself in real danger by putting them in your mouth.”

Paul Hudson | Elite. 

Share Tweet
React
Like Us On Facebook
Like Us On Facebook

Paul Hudson

A young writer, philosopher, and entrepreneur, Paul Hudson (@MrPaulHudson) has been writing for Elite Daily nearly since the start. Currently located in Manhattan, Paul Hudson primarily devotes his time between writing for Elite Daily and a mining startup in Turkey. He loves sharing his life experiences with his readers and makes sure to practice what he preaches.

More In World

World Emily Arata

Grab Your Metal Detectors! Artist Hides $16,000 Worth Of Gold On The Beach For People To Find

Ready, set, treasure hunt. English artist Michael Sailstorfer buried $16,000 in gold bars along the Outer Harbour beach in Folkestone, England. He’s calling the installation “Folkestone Digs.” Beginning today, residents and visitors have the chance to claim the gold for themselves. There are no rules. The event coordinators have even buried dozens of metal washers in […]

Also On Elite

Humor

Unluckiest Biker Faceplants Into A Pothole Hidden Under A Puddle (Video)

Sometimes you take the world, and sometimes the world takes you. Or, in the case of this bicyclist, the world just slaps you in the face with a cold puddle and a broken bike. This biker is heading out to get his day started when he decides to cross a puddle. Unfortunately, the water hides […]

Film

Robin Williams’ Co-Star Reveals His Unforgettable Experience On The Set Of ‘Jack’

As we reported yesterday, beloved actor and comedian Robin Williams died at his home in Northern California at the age of 63. To our generation, Robin Williams was a father figure who starred in some of the most iconic childhood films, such as “Jumanji,” “Mrs. Doubtfire,” “Aladdin” and “Jack.” I communicated via email with Robin’s […]

World

Disturbing Footage Shows The CEO Of A Multibillion Dollar Company Kicking A Dog

A multibillion dollar company’s CEO has been put on probation after being caught kicking a dog in an elevator. Des Hague, CEO of Centerplate, a Connecticut-based company that provides concessions and vending for Qualcomm Stadium and the San Diego Convention Center, has been placed on indefinite probation following the incident. Video camera footage caught Hague […]