toungue-ring-elite-daily

Teenager Nearly Dies After Swallowing Magnet Tongue Studs

toungue-ring-elite-daily
Paul Hudson

15-year-old Michael Delaney was four hours away from death before surgeons were able to save his life after he swallowed a fashion accessory.

Powerful magnet studs, resembling ball-bearing, are the new rage in Britain. However, they are very dangerous. After Delaney swallowed the two studs, they ripped through his intestines while the acid from the metal seriously damaged his bowels.

Surgeons had no choice but to cut his bowels in three places to retrieve the magnets that most likely caused permanent damage.

“It was a really frightening experience. I couldn’t walk, talk or even move and the thought that I could be dead if I hadn’t gone into hospital is really scary, ” said Delaney.

“I just had a really intense stomachache but it never occurred to me that it might have been the studs. I’d swallowed them two weeks before but just thought they’d pass through. I thought they were safe but now I know how serious magnets can be and I’d say to anyone who uses these studs that you’re putting yourself in real danger by putting them in your mouth.”

Paul Hudson | Elite. 

Paul Hudson

Paul Hudson

Staff Writer

No Comments