CATEGORIES

TOPICS

FOLLOW

Woman Receives Severe Burn On Her Boob After Falling Asleep On Charging iPhone (Photos)

Dionne Baxter isn’t likely to sleep with her iPhone in bed again.

The 24-year-old English woman woke up with a severe 5-inch burn across her breast after rolling onto her charging iPhone 4 while asleep.

Baxter says that she woke up in immense pain and rushed to the hospital. Because she sleeps in the nude, there was no barrier between the hot phone and her skin, resulting in a burn that covered a large portion of her breast.

The burn became infected, leaving Baxter with a large red welt.

Baxter told The Sun that she worries about the possibility of being able to breast feed another child if she chooses to have one.

Just a few months ago, a teenage girl’s smartphone set fire to her bed while she slept.

Aside from the obvious heat-related dangers of phones in bed, scientists recommend keeping phones elsewhere because the radiation they emit has been shown to severely disrupt sleep patterns.



H/T: Daily Mail, Photo Courtesy: Nick Obank

Comment
Emily Arata

Editor

Comments