Whiskey

New Zealand Man Goes Blind From Drinking Vodka, Gets Eyesight Back After Drinking Whiskey

Whiskey
Paul Hudson

A 65-year-old man from New Zealand loses his eyesight after drinking too much vodka. Apparently, the vodka didn’t react well with his diabetes medication and caused what doctors believed to be formaldehyde poisoning.

The best way to treat such poisoning is to counter it by administering ethanol- the type of alcohol commonly found in whiskey.

Since the hospital did not have enough ethanol in-house, they had to run down to the local liquor store and buy a $55 bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label.

“I woke up five days later and I could see as soon as I could open my eyes,” Mr. Duthie said. “Johnnie Walker Black Label. It was good whisky, yeah.”

Paul Hudson | Elite. 

Paul Hudson

Paul Hudson

Staff Writer

No Comments