15. How you feel in your last class before spring break.
14. Forgetting about all the work you have due after spring break.
13. The moment you land at your destination.
12. The excitement on your face that everything is all inclusive.
11. When you see that white girl that is way too sunburnt for her own good.
10. You and your friends feeling like you run shit at the pool.
9. The way you feel after drinking tequila all day under the hot sun.
8. The first time you see a live wet t-shirt contest.
7. The moment you think you've fallen in love with a girl from another country.
6. The moment you find out the girl you've fallen in love with has already slept with your friend.
5. When that big girl that shouldn't be twerking, twerks in front of everyone.
4. The moment you realize you only have $5 left to your name.
3. The moment you realize the tequila and molly made you have unprotected sex with a girl you met on spring break.
2. The moment you get back home and reality hits.
1. The moment you realize you don't want to have a daughter because of what you saw on spring break.
At some point between work, chores, laundry and unreturned emails, it dawns on me that I no longer remember what it feels like to not be overwhelmed. The way the perpetual “next thing” nips at my heels and the steady rhythm of “to-dos” pound through my head, is part of the fabric of the day. […]
Earlier this week, every site on the Internet posted a video of a woman walking through New York City that documented the assorted catcalls and various forms of harassment she endured. It’s a serious issue that certainly deserves attention, but that’s not going to stop people from making parodies like with every other viral video to […]
Plane rides can be boring, especially if there’s no WiFi or there’s nothing good playing on the in-flight TVs. But, a couple of talented musicians combined their talents to make a recent flight a little more exciting. Cellist Francisco Vila and beatboxer Maxbeatbox collaborated on an amazing duet on a Southwest Airlines flight. It seems as […]
When Mozart was 14, he transcribed a coral setting of Psalm 50 composed in the early 1600s. A feat worth mentioning not only for his youth, but because this piece in particular was previously never written down. It was forbidden to transcribe and it was allowed to be performed only at particular services; meaning, after […]
We’ve all had something negative happen in our lives. You’re feeling stressed, depressed, lonely or maybe even experiencing a revolving door of these and other debilitating emotions. You normally don’t have much of an affinity towards ice cream, but all of a sudden, you’re craving some Ben & Jerry’s. Maybe you’ll pick up a couple of […]
DC Comics’ “Justice League” movie won’t be released for a few years, but that’s no matter. A real-life Justice League is patrolling the streets of San Diego. The group is comprised of men who dress up like superheroes and do their best to keep the community safe. They carry around radios, first-aid kits and self-defense weapons […]
Also On Elite
The world seems like the most violent it’s been in decades, when it’s really the exact opposite. Modern warfare is very different than it used to be. Although tragedies still occur all around the globe, one of the more positive effects of this change is a tremendous decrease in casualties. The always-informative YouTube channel Kurzgesagt […]
North Carolina’s Kenneth Byrd, 67, was at home with his wife and granddaughter when someone knocked on the door at about 10 pm Monday night. A man allegedly told Byrd he was having car trouble and asked for a drink of water. As he opened the door, two other armed men wearing ski masks and […]
Midterm elections will be held November 4 in this country, so, naturally Lil Jon made a music video about it. The video was made for the Rock the Vote campaign, and it is fittingly called “Turn Out For What.” This thing is star-studded with cameos by Lena Dunham, Fred Armisen, Darren Criss and Whoopi Goldberg. Also, […]
“Eat, Pray, Love” was a load of sh*t. Okay, perhaps I need not be so harsh. A woman went through a horrific breakup, subsequent life crisis and chose to find enlightenment, pleasure and healing by traveling the world. We should all be so lucky. I don’t doubt she had a bevy of life-altering and monumental experiences that contributed […]
Some things never show up in a box score. In a play that was sure to be a touchdown, Collins-Maxwell/Baxter High School football star Bryce Kemp returned a punt to the 1-yard line just short of the endzone. Teammates and coaches were shocked as to why he didn’t just walk in, but when he returned to […]
The bed is a magical, whimsical place. It’s a haven for passionate moments and, inevitably, passionate words. It’s also a place for sloppy drunk hookups and outrageous remarks. The latter is what we’ll focus on in this piece. For some reason, guys feel like they’re invincible after they have sex with a woman – and, […]