12. When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who also plays a role in the company that produces Fatheads, cut the price of LeBron's fathead to $17.41 — the year of Benedict Arnold's birth
11. Even though "The Decision" was a widely reviled event, it produced $2.5 million in charity for the Boys & Girls Club of America. Also Kanye West was there.
10. Despite growing up in Ohio, LeBron is a Yankees, Bulls, and Cowboys fan.
9. LeBron donated $20,000 to Barack Obama's campaign in 2008.
8. In high school, LeBron was part of a group that called themselves the "Fab Four." They passed over mostly black Akron school Buchtel to attend St. Vincent — St. Mary, which made them cover their tattoos during games.
7. LeBron's a part-owner of English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
6. LeBron became friends with Jay-Z around the same time that Kanye West did.
5. During his senior year, tickets to St. Vincent — St. Mary games he was playing in would routinely go for $100-$120.
4. LeBron unsuccessfully petitioned to be allowed to declare for the NBA Draft after his junior year of high school.
3. LeBron's surrogate father (left), Eddie Jackson, spent three years in jail for cocaine trafficking charges.
2. LeBron's mother, Gloria, had him when she was 16.
1. LeBron was an All-State wide-receiver in high school.
Pro-Palestinian demonstrators in France held a rally on Sunday that saw the businesses of Paris’ Jewish community vandalized and looted. Glass windows were broken and cars were burned as protestors shouted “Death to Jews,” and “Slit Jews’ throats.” The rioters, armed with petrol bombs and batons, were just yards away from the local synagogue when […]
Do you live in New York? Did you leave your house today? Chances are you saw several millionaires. A new study released Tuesday estimates that over one in 25 New Yorkers is a bonafide millionaire. On a list of the top 20 global cities based on the percentage of their population whose net worth reaches […]
Danny Nickerson is a 5-year-old brain cancer patient from Foxboro, Massachusetts, who only wants one thing for his birthday: birthday cards. Danny, whose inoperable condition, Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma, gives him a 10 percent chance of surviving more than 18 months, loves getting mail. His mother Carley, made flyers asking strangers to send Danny birthday […]
Just because you say you’re the best burger restaurant in the city doesn’t mean you actually are. There are a few ways you can actually prove that if you’re an established burger joint. First, you have to have really, really good burgers. That’s easier said than done. I mean, there aren’t many ways to make […]
Earlier, we gave you a listen to what seems to be the new theme song for the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” movie. Now, we have a trailer set to the song by Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa and Ty Dolla $ign. The trailer is similar to what we’ve seen so far, though there is some new footage in […]
Love him or hate him, Dan Bilzerian is an interesting guy. He has made a ton of money playing poker. He throws porn stars into pools. And he has an excellent Instagram account. This morning, Bilzerian went on “The Howard Stern Show” to talk about his epic lifestyle. He spoke about how much money he […]
Also On Elite
When you live in Texas, two things matter: football and food. Coupled with that, only two college campuses are on the cusp of every Texan’s tongue: Texas A&M and the University of Texas. There are others, however: SMU, Baylor, Texas State, University of Houston, Texas Tech… the list goes on. Seriously, though, who doesn’t love […]
Say it ain’t so! Not even 30 minutes into the Brazil vs. Germany matchup (sans Neymar and Thiago Silva), the Brazilians are getting romped. The worst part? They’re playing in Brazil! Just check out the dozens of hilarious memes that already went up because of it. ESPN cameras captured some of the immediate reactions during […]
Why did nobody think of this sooner? Awesome dad Rene Ortner shows the world the fastest way to put your hair into a ponytail: by using a vacuum cleaner. The steps are rather simple and intuitive. Just gather all the hair to the back of the head, and then suck it into a vacuum tube, which creates […]
Kacy Catanzaro, a 100-pound, 5-foot gymnast, became the first woman ever to complete the a city Finals round of Esquire TV’s ”American Ninja Warrior.” Catanzaro was named NCAA’s Southeast Regional Gymnast of the Year in 2012. The former Division 1 gymnast from Towson University faced this series of insane challenges that puts other obstacle courses to shame. She’s now […]
The next time you feel bad about skipping a family gathering, don’t worry too much. According to science, your friends are the family you get to choose. Researchers at three leading universities, including Yale, have determined that you and your friends share genes, and could have as many in common as you do with your […]
I’m starting to think there’s going to be an endless number of “Frozen” parodies and sing-alongs out there. We’ve had nurses singing with cancer patients. We’ve had fathers singing with daughters. And now we have a version of “Let it Go” comprised entirely of dialogue from 1980s television. Video editor Jim Cliff put together this […]