12. When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who also plays a role in the company that produces Fatheads, cut the price of LeBron's fathead to $17.41 — the year of Benedict Arnold's birth
11. Even though "The Decision" was a widely reviled event, it produced $2.5 million in charity for the Boys & Girls Club of America. Also Kanye West was there.
10. Despite growing up in Ohio, LeBron is a Yankees, Bulls, and Cowboys fan.
9. LeBron donated $20,000 to Barack Obama's campaign in 2008.
8. In high school, LeBron was part of a group that called themselves the "Fab Four." They passed over mostly black Akron school Buchtel to attend St. Vincent — St. Mary, which made them cover their tattoos during games.
7. LeBron's a part-owner of English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
6. LeBron became friends with Jay-Z around the same time that Kanye West did.
5. During his senior year, tickets to St. Vincent — St. Mary games he was playing in would routinely go for $100-$120.
4. LeBron unsuccessfully petitioned to be allowed to declare for the NBA Draft after his junior year of high school.
3. LeBron's surrogate father (left), Eddie Jackson, spent three years in jail for cocaine trafficking charges.
2. LeBron's mother, Gloria, had him when she was 16.
1. LeBron was an All-State wide-receiver in high school.
I didn’t think watching a literal reenactment of the term “food porn” would actually be so realistic. This is well beyond my comfort level of what I’d like to see done with fruits and vegetables, but 10 points for creativity and an extra ‘atta boy for commitment. The best line? “Hey girl, you looking’ FRESH […]
Nothing is sadder than seeing a child with a cast on. The anecdote? Put a rapping doctor in front of that child and watch magic happen. Honestly, this warmed my heart and made me laugh all at once. Presenting cast care instructions to this little girl in the form of rap lines, this doctor somehow […]
If you’ve heard the infamous “#Selfie” anthem, you’ve probably taken a second to wonder what the woman behind the vocals looks like. We proudly present the photo you’ve all been waiting for! Her name is Alexis, and you can check out these pictures pulled from her Instagram account (Is that creepy?). We have MTV to […]
Father of the Year Award goes to San Francisco-native Beau Coffron, otherwise known as “Lunchbox Dad.” This dedicated parent creates unique and aesthetically unreal works of lunch art for his son and daughter each week. Somehow, Coffron’s edible creations are as healthy as they are carefully crafted. Largely centered on children’s film and holidays, Coffron’s […]
How we sleep could be an indication of the strength of our relationship, according to recent findings by the Edinburgh International Science Festival. The research defines particular sleeping positions for couples, such as “face to face, but not touching” and “facing same direction, but touching.” To each of these categories, the study assigns an overall […]
The picture that surfaced on US Airway’s Twitter account yesterday crashed through the Internet so fast it just about broke the sound barrier. To say the picture was NSFW would be an understatement. On Monday, a picture surfaced of a woman engaging in a graphic sex act with a model Boeing 777, and the picture […]
Also On Elite
This is a super sweet engagement for the books. In a marriage proposal involving the entire Greentown, Ohio, community, one firefighter used a school fire drill to ask his girlfriend to marry him. With Megan Zahorec, a counselor at Greentown School, directing the drill, firefighter Justin Deierling posted a sign reading “Miss Z, Will You […]
Finally, a scientifically-backed reason women make better bosses: we respond in way nicer ways to stress. A University of Vienna neuroscience lab found that stressed-out men, in an effort to conserve resources, become more self-centered, more egocentric and less empathetic. The women, however, react in a completely opposite way, becoming “prosocial” and better able to […]
Anne Hathaway, Drew Barrymore and now Rihanna better watch their backs. They’ve been snatching all the quality Jewish men, and the Rebeccas and Rachels of the world (okay, maybe just Long Island) aren’t going to have it. What do these women know, that these celebrity women are finally catching onto? Jewish men make the best […]
A few days ago, we learned that all men in North Korea are legally required to have the same haircut as dictator Kim Jong-Un. As is the case for almost every piece of information to come out of North Korea, the story was met with a great deal of mockery, such as this article putting The […]
When you think of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” you definitely don’t think of 70s/80s sitcoms. For one fan, the two go together like peanut butter and jelly (cue laugh track). Take a look at our favorite cutthroat “Game of Thrones” characters as happy-go-lucky friends and families who get together to play a friendly game of […]
The things that make money loudly tend to not work for large quantities of people; rarely do the sexiest fields lead to the biggest payoffs. People get confused because they see headlines and movies and think that the world operates in a certain way — it’s not the case. The reason that it’s so exciting […]