12. When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who also plays a role in the company that produces Fatheads, cut the price of LeBron's fathead to $17.41 — the year of Benedict Arnold's birth
11. Even though "The Decision" was a widely reviled event, it produced $2.5 million in charity for the Boys & Girls Club of America. Also Kanye West was there.
10. Despite growing up in Ohio, LeBron is a Yankees, Bulls, and Cowboys fan.
9. LeBron donated $20,000 to Barack Obama's campaign in 2008.
8. In high school, LeBron was part of a group that called themselves the "Fab Four." They passed over mostly black Akron school Buchtel to attend St. Vincent — St. Mary, which made them cover their tattoos during games.
7. LeBron's a part-owner of English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
6. LeBron became friends with Jay-Z around the same time that Kanye West did.
5. During his senior year, tickets to St. Vincent — St. Mary games he was playing in would routinely go for $100-$120.
4. LeBron unsuccessfully petitioned to be allowed to declare for the NBA Draft after his junior year of high school.
3. LeBron's surrogate father (left), Eddie Jackson, spent three years in jail for cocaine trafficking charges.
2. LeBron's mother, Gloria, had him when she was 16.
1. LeBron was an All-State wide-receiver in high school.
There are certain things girls do that they think they can get away with — blatantly ignoring this little thing called karma. But while you think you are getting away with “murder,” your friends are more than aware of your behavior and so is the ol’ holy karma. They know you ate more than they […]
Three Israeli soldiers have created their own hilarious version of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge that explains the difference between a terrorist organization and a healthy snack. It’s called Hamas vs. Hummus, and the video features Israel Defense Force soldiers declaring the latter good enough to spread all over their faces, unlike the former, which […]
Being old-fashioned is nothing to be ashamed of. Especially when you add a bit of modern flare. I’m not one to respect or appreciate tradition, but some traditions – or beliefs on reality – are worth maintaining. Enter the modern-day, old-fashioned gentleman. He is the sort of man who takes only the best of the […]
Joseph Ianzano, 19, was just trying to keep his friend safe. Ianzano was killed this past Saturday after making an attempt to keep an intoxicated friend from getting in a car. According to accounts, Ianzano parked his car in front of his friend’s car, so the latter couldn’t exit the driveway. When the friend proceeded […]
New research suggests a cure for cancer may be a biological impossibility. According to NPR, scientists at Kiel University, the Catholic University of Croatia and several other institutions found that tiny, coral-like organisms from hundreds of millions of years ago form tumors just like humans do. This means that our bodies may develop cancer naturally […]
The untimely death of Michael Brown has left the youngest residents of Ferguson, Missouri, to cope with life’s most important questions. Shane Flowers, 14, wants to know what would have happened had he been out that night. He was finna go to college… What if that was me finna go to college? And then I […]
Also On Elite
Christina has gone on 60 first dates in the past year — with people she met online. She’s Tindered her way into Newfoundland, Boston, London, Halifax, Vancouver, Maui, Montreal, Glasgow, gaining a total of 22 kisses, five or six sexual encounters, and lots of important life lessons. Her goal with this project, aside from following everyone’s “You’ve gotta put yourself […]
Today, Tea Party Republicans are some of the loudest politicians around. Ted Cruz, Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin, to name a few, continue to make controversial and incendiary remarks in public. In fact, their entire platform seems to be fueled by desperation, which is perhaps why they continue in their futile attempts to call for […]
With all the coverage surrounding Iraq, Ukraine, Russia, Israel and Gaza, it’s easy to forget that thousands of people are still dying in Syria at the same time. The Sunni militants trying to take over Iraq are known as The Islamic State, but they were formerly known as The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, […]
Apparently, there’s a better way to stuff your face with chicken and waffles. No, it doesn’t involve venturing off to the nearest Waffle House; it wouldn’t have this mouthwatering concoction on the menu! We recently stumbled across these Maple Waffle Chicken Nuggets put together by Morgan of Host the Toast, a food blog. These nuggets […]
If you thought LeBron James’ “coming home” letter couldn’t get any better, Frank Caliendo just proved you wrong. During a visit to ESPN Radio’s “Mike and Mike in the Morning” show, Caliendo entered the inception world of celebrity impressions. The comedian performed a rendition of Morgan Freeman’s voice, with a specific hint of “Shawshank Redemption” […]
What happens when you reach your goals early, achieve what you want and realize there’s much, much more to life than some item on a bucket list? You feel untethered, hopeless, lost… and then, free. When I was 19, a professor asked me what I wanted to be when I finished college. I confidently told […]