12. When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who also plays a role in the company that produces Fatheads, cut the price of LeBron's fathead to $17.41 — the year of Benedict Arnold's birth
11. Even though "The Decision" was a widely reviled event, it produced $2.5 million in charity for the Boys & Girls Club of America. Also Kanye West was there.
10. Despite growing up in Ohio, LeBron is a Yankees, Bulls, and Cowboys fan.
9. LeBron donated $20,000 to Barack Obama's campaign in 2008.
8. In high school, LeBron was part of a group that called themselves the "Fab Four." They passed over mostly black Akron school Buchtel to attend St. Vincent — St. Mary, which made them cover their tattoos during games.
7. LeBron's a part-owner of English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
6. LeBron became friends with Jay-Z around the same time that Kanye West did.
5. During his senior year, tickets to St. Vincent — St. Mary games he was playing in would routinely go for $100-$120.
4. LeBron unsuccessfully petitioned to be allowed to declare for the NBA Draft after his junior year of high school.
3. LeBron's surrogate father (left), Eddie Jackson, spent three years in jail for cocaine trafficking charges.
2. LeBron's mother, Gloria, had him when she was 16.
1. LeBron was an All-State wide-receiver in high school.
The next time you have a nosebleed, forget the tampon. Stick a piece of cured ham up your nostril. Dr. Sonal Saraiya and her team at the Detroit Medical Center received an Ig Nobel Prize for ending a child’s unstoppable nosebleed by pushing strips of cured meat up his nose. The boy suffered from Glanzmann’s thrombasthenia, a condition […]
A series of offensive anti-Islamic ads will soon be placed in 100 bus stations and two subway stations in Manhattan. The $100,000 campaign was paid for by activist blogger Pamela Geller, who has long campaigned against Arabic anti-Semitism and provided aid to predominantly Muslim nations. The three ads claim Islam is a hateful religion, with one […]
American citizens have lost so much faith in the federal government that nearly one in four people would be open to or strongly support their states seceding from the nation. According to the Huffington Post, a poll from Reuters/Ipsos asked 8,952 people living all over the country whether or not they support their state being […]
A research team from the University of Washington has predicted Earth’s population to exceed 12 billion by the year 2100. Statistician and sociologist Adrian Raftery and his 13-member crew arrived to their conclusion after analyzing UN data regarding rates of fertility, death, migration and aging. The results yielded significant uncertainty on many levels, saying we […]
Doug the pug thinks he’s a person. The adorable dog and his owner, Leslie, run an Instagram account chronicling their adventures in Nashville, TN. Whether he’s dressed as a “Star Wars” character or Uncle Sam, Doug always has a dapper outfit for the occasion. His smiling face and warm brown eyes are enough to draw anyone […]
In dimly-lit dive bars across the country, the American hipster is weeping. Pabst Blue Ribbon beer was once the refreshment of blue-collar workers before becoming the unofficial drink of the young hipster movement. Today, Eugene Kashper of Russia-based Oasis Beverages announced the sale of Milwaukee-based Pabst Brewing Company. PBR is a 170-year-old brand that stretches […]
Also On Elite
Some of us order takeout so often that the delivery people might as well be our closest friends. A delivery man from a Chinese restaurant in Santry, Ireland, went above and beyond the call of duty when he received an order that asked him to drive to a second address and claim a PS3 controller […]
Cramming is an extremely controversial study habit in today’s society. To brown-nosers and the academically conscious, it’s often frowned upon. You’ve got all semester to study, why wait until the day before the test? Well, the way I see it, studying is hell — and by waiting till the last day possible to do all your […]
Traveling can be really tough, especially with the relentless security at airports nowadays. It can certainly be tempting to try and sneak stuff on that you shouldn’t have, but it ain’t easy. Just ask Cong Cong, an 8-year-old boy who thought he could dupe the system by stashing contraband down his underwear at Guangzhou Baiyun […]
As the TMZ video footage of the violent interaction between former Baltimore Ravens player Ray Rice and his then-fiancée Janay gets replayed repeatedly across networks and websites, I have to turn away. This is not an attempt to avoid the reality that is domestic violence, but honestly, I didn’t need to see the blow-by-blow imagery […]
A Ferguson resident who lives near the site of the Michael Brown shooting has released an audio recording of the incident to CNN. The unnamed male happened to be recording a video chat conversation when the shots were fired. An autopsy revealed that Brown was shot six times, but at least 10 gunshots can be heard […]
Having a girlfriend is a generally blissful experience, that is a basic truth. Ideally, she complements you, makes you happy and, most importantly, understands you. And there’s nothing that spells out “understanding” like someone who not only appreciates what you love most, but actively enjoys it with you. Yes, having a girlfriend who loves sports […]