12. When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who also plays a role in the company that produces Fatheads, cut the price of LeBron's fathead to $17.41 — the year of Benedict Arnold's birth
11. Even though "The Decision" was a widely reviled event, it produced $2.5 million in charity for the Boys & Girls Club of America. Also Kanye West was there.
10. Despite growing up in Ohio, LeBron is a Yankees, Bulls, and Cowboys fan.
9. LeBron donated $20,000 to Barack Obama's campaign in 2008.
8. In high school, LeBron was part of a group that called themselves the "Fab Four." They passed over mostly black Akron school Buchtel to attend St. Vincent — St. Mary, which made them cover their tattoos during games.
7. LeBron's a part-owner of English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
6. LeBron became friends with Jay-Z around the same time that Kanye West did.
5. During his senior year, tickets to St. Vincent — St. Mary games he was playing in would routinely go for $100-$120.
4. LeBron unsuccessfully petitioned to be allowed to declare for the NBA Draft after his junior year of high school.
3. LeBron's surrogate father (left), Eddie Jackson, spent three years in jail for cocaine trafficking charges.
2. LeBron's mother, Gloria, had him when she was 16.
1. LeBron was an All-State wide-receiver in high school.
Virgin Atlantic has a new 787 plane. In order to christen it, the airline held a banging party on the plane. Rudimental and Gorgon City played music at the party, and the whole thing was live-streamed. The party in the skies took place at 35,000 feet above the ground on a flight from London to […]
Pakistan has decided that 2014 is probably a good time to officially declare cannibalism a crime. The two proposed laws were inspired by brothers Mohammad Arif Ali, 35, and Mohammad Farman Ali, 30, who were found last April to have dug up over 100 dead bodies from a local graveyard to feast upon. Residents of […]
Ebola has now arrived in New York City, which has prompted fears about the potential of the disease to spread across the city. It’s understandable that this news would be frightening to people. After all, New York is the most populous city in the country, and Ebola is a foreign disease with no cure. Not […]
As I’m sure you’ve heard, Ebola has made its way to New York City. So, naturally, when something of this magnitude happens in a major metropolitan area, it is of the utmost concern that our celebrities be protected. Ariana Grande is one of those celebrities. Apparently, Grande was slated to make an appearance at a […]
Steve Nash is done. As a result of ongoing back issues, Nash will have to miss the 2014-2015 season. For this 40-year-old, a missed season due to injury likely means the end of his illustrious career. A depressing hypothetical has become an unthinkable reality. One of the most exciting, whimsical and creative players of our […]
Freerunner James Kingston is renowned for his love of extreme views. In the past, he’s climbed cranes and backflipped off bridges. On a recent trip to Marktoberdorf, Germany, Kingston made the dangerous climb to the top of a factory smokestack. GoPro in hand, Kingston filmed the view. It’s an awe-inspiring 360-degree-view, made all more impressive by […]
Also On Elite
There’s an art to picking up women. It isn’t an art I especially respect, as the methods themselves are literally damaging, but I will admit that it works 90 percent of the time. It all comes down to simple psychology and the human ego. Once you know how to manipulate people into wanting things and […]
Flu season is upon us once again. Even if you arm yourself with Purell, get your flu shot and wash your hands every 15 minutes, there’s a pretty good chance you’re going to come in contact with the virus. It’s nearly impossible not to. Unless you’re a hermit, you’re bound to be in the vicinity […]
Lauren Conrad, former reality star and domestic goddess, is serving us some fall inspiration in changing up our style. Conrad’s known for her slick cat-eye liner, neutral-colored clothing and generally swoon-worthy life. But yesterday, Conrad took a step into the unknown. She chopped off her silky, blonde locks into a stylish and fresh lob (read: […]
Last Wednesday, pro-democracy protestors in Hong Kong took to the streets to voice their discontent over the Chinese government’s efforts to erode the region’s freedoms. The protests began peacefully, but by Friday, the police began a brutal crackdown, attacking people with tear gas, rubber bullets and pepper spray. The Chinese government is often quite totalitarian, […]
I should preface this with the fact that I spilled wine on my sheets as I casually tried to write in bed. Clearly, I’m qualified to write on this subject. We girls — the awkward ones, the not-so-perfect ones, the I-trip-barefoot ones — must band together. After all, there is so much more to gain from […]
A semi containing 44,000 pounds of Miller High Life was stolen from a Florida truck stop on Monday. Truck driver Van Thomas had parked his vehicle at an Orange County truck stop, his last stop before his destination in Orlando. Thomas was in tears when he spoke to reporters, mostly because he had just started […]