12. When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who also plays a role in the company that produces Fatheads, cut the price of LeBron's fathead to $17.41 — the year of Benedict Arnold's birth
11. Even though "The Decision" was a widely reviled event, it produced $2.5 million in charity for the Boys & Girls Club of America. Also Kanye West was there.
10. Despite growing up in Ohio, LeBron is a Yankees, Bulls, and Cowboys fan.
9. LeBron donated $20,000 to Barack Obama's campaign in 2008.
8. In high school, LeBron was part of a group that called themselves the "Fab Four." They passed over mostly black Akron school Buchtel to attend St. Vincent — St. Mary, which made them cover their tattoos during games.
7. LeBron's a part-owner of English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
6. LeBron became friends with Jay-Z around the same time that Kanye West did.
5. During his senior year, tickets to St. Vincent — St. Mary games he was playing in would routinely go for $100-$120.
4. LeBron unsuccessfully petitioned to be allowed to declare for the NBA Draft after his junior year of high school.
3. LeBron's surrogate father (left), Eddie Jackson, spent three years in jail for cocaine trafficking charges.
2. LeBron's mother, Gloria, had him when she was 16.
1. LeBron was an All-State wide-receiver in high school.
The girls of University of Arizona’s Sigma Kappa sorority have stepped up their Greek life recruitment video game. Their latest offering has more cuts than a Jennifer Lopez music video and double the enthusiasm. For those that have ever wondered about the innermost depths of the sorority sanctum, the video includes plenty of collages and […]
Denver Broncos’ star Peyton Manning is all business on Sundays, but even the toughest football warrior has to let his guard down occasionally. A recent video shows a glimpse of the Peyton that his fans don’t know as well, sunburnt and wiggling his hips to “Rocky Top” before practice on Monday. Even wide receiver Wes Welker […]
No, the “Doberman Slide” is not the new rival to the “Shmoney Dance.” This loving pet owner actually thought it would be a good idea to film her dogs going down the slide at a park. It didn’t turn out the way she thought it would. Maybe the problem was that she wasn’t thinking at […]
Lionel Messi, FC Barcelona’s star forward, has bigger problems than his national team’s recent loss to Germany in the World Cup final. A Barcelona court is prosecuting the soccer player for tax evasion. Messi, who reportedly earns over $40 million a season, is one of the highest-paid athletes in the world. His contract ranks behind Floyd Mayweather, Cristiano […]
Rapper Childish Gambino has just made it very clear that he’s not going anywhere. During a recent show in Australia, Gambino called out fellow hip hop artists Kendrick, Drake, and Schoolboy Q, claiming his place in the top tier of rap royalty. Gambino, born Donald Glover, gained Internet fame several years ago with his sketch show, […]
Remember those little, flimsy hair clips circa 1990? Well, apparently they are making a huge comeback as mini toolboxes. Yes, you read that correctly — toolboxes. Each sports a flat head screwdriver, a 5/16 wrench, a serrated edge that can even slice through a rope and a ruler! Sunglasses need tightening? Just take the hair clip […]
Also On Elite
LeBron James just announced that he is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers after four years with the Miami Heat, meaning that in the next 24 hours, ESPN will feature commentary from essentially everyone he’s ever made eye contact with. One of those people is Brian Windhorst, who currently writes for ESPN. Originally from Akron, he […]
What’s a better way to raise money to battle homophobia and bullying in schools than to release a promotional nude calendar? There probably isn’t one and that’s exactly what England’s Warwick University rowing club has done for the past four years. They’ve been “proudly getting naked for club and community since 2009,” and working with […]
The worldwide initiative to aid the homeless has reached Slovakia, where an architectural firm has developed what would easily be one of the most luxurious homeless shelters in existence. According to Ad Week, roadside billboards in Slovakia are designed to advertise to drivers coming from both ways, leaving a triangular space in between the two […]
Thank you, ex-girlfriend, for teaching me that “I am the average of my five best friends.” You were right. No wonder you hated them — the components of me, according to you. I guess they’re the reason why we broke up? I’m kidding, [former] love. Readers, do you find it weird that I remember 90 […]
If you have a job, you know some people take their job titles way too seriously. Many of them just sit around and do the bare minimum all day long. Whether you’re a sales associate taking on a retail position at a high-end store, or a director at a major corporation, there’s a high chance […]
“Likes” are how oral sex should be: given and received freely. They are a sweeping epidemic, and like those nasty STDS, you can’t escape giving them or getting them. It’s become common nature to like anything and everything, not taking the time to decide if we even really like it. We do it for attention, camaraderie […]