12. When LeBron left Cleveland for Miami, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who also plays a role in the company that produces Fatheads, cut the price of LeBron's fathead to $17.41 — the year of Benedict Arnold's birth
11. Even though "The Decision" was a widely reviled event, it produced $2.5 million in charity for the Boys & Girls Club of America. Also Kanye West was there.
10. Despite growing up in Ohio, LeBron is a Yankees, Bulls, and Cowboys fan.
9. LeBron donated $20,000 to Barack Obama's campaign in 2008.
8. In high school, LeBron was part of a group that called themselves the "Fab Four." They passed over mostly black Akron school Buchtel to attend St. Vincent — St. Mary, which made them cover their tattoos during games.
7. LeBron's a part-owner of English Premier League club Liverpool FC.
6. LeBron became friends with Jay-Z around the same time that Kanye West did.
5. During his senior year, tickets to St. Vincent — St. Mary games he was playing in would routinely go for $100-$120.
4. LeBron unsuccessfully petitioned to be allowed to declare for the NBA Draft after his junior year of high school.
3. LeBron's surrogate father (left), Eddie Jackson, spent three years in jail for cocaine trafficking charges.
2. LeBron's mother, Gloria, had him when she was 16.
1. LeBron was an All-State wide-receiver in high school.
Watch as this GIF details state imprisonment rates from 1979 to 2012. The color gradient represents a scale of zero-900 incarcerations per 100,000 residents, and comes to us via the National Prisoner Statistics Program. As a Midwesterner, I have to say that I was more than a little pleased to see the nation’s heartland start […]
With all of the attention surrounding the Boston Marathon on Monday, there was no shortage of good people looking to honor the victims of last year’s tragedy by going out there and spreading the good vibes. One man — who admits that after not qualifying to run in the race by 23 seconds, he wanted […]
Remember the other day when I said I was done posting “Frozen” videos? I lied. I lied so much. Wait! Don’t leave! I know that you might be taken aback that I’ve betrayed your trust like this, but I promise I mean well. I said that I would only post another video inspired by “Frozen” […]
Fair pay, who needs it? According to one male member of the New Hampshire state House, women don’t deserve equal pay to men because they simply don’t work as hard. In a speech to the House yesterday, GOP Rep. Will Infantine maintained that the wage gap is there for a reason — and it’s not the […]
There aren’t a lot of benefits to being old, but if there’s one thing I’m looking forward to, it’s finally not caring what other people think. I make it a goal in my everyday life to be as self-aware as possible, and while things have turned out alright so far, I’m really curious to see […]
Does anyone want to take bets on whether or not drugs might have had something to do with this? I feel like they might have been a factor. I can understand the appeal of dancing naked on top of your car in the middle of a spring day, but I think I’d need something (read: […]
Also On Elite
Reaching its 10-year anniversary, legendary film composer Hans Zimmer has been brought in to create the official hymn for Tomorrowland, the world-renowned festival of Belgium that recently made an epic expansion onto US soil. “The 10-minute-long composition takes listeners on a magical journey that embodies the mythical qualities, magical atmosphere and international character of Tomorrowland.” […]
Generally speaking, when you want to go to sleep, you fall on your bed. In Russia, your bed falls on you. A guy with a strikingly similar hairstyle to Vladimir Putin tried his best to get down from the top of a bunk bed, and let’s just say his best effort didn’t cut it. Rather […]
I always knew this day would come. The day when machine would begin to turn on man and start driving us out of existence, much like what we do to every other species in this world. At the Endure Batavia Triathlon in Geraldton, Australia, runner Rajia Ogden was on just her second lap and minding […]
In a shady political move performed by Zlatko Starkovski, owner of Muzik Nightclub in Toronto, the city council of Toronto has banned EDM events from the Direct Energy and Better Living buildings at Exhibition Place — a publicly-owned venue. The ploy by Starkovski began with political contributions made to Mayor Rob Ford’s campaign back in 2010, and by […]
Normally I wait until Friday to do a review like this, but The Pet Collective released “Game of Thrones” with kittens and it just couldn’t wait. Unfortunately, it might not have been worth all the trouble in the first place. Unlike their past attempts, this isn’t a retelling but rather a recreation of the intro. […]
There’s nothing worse than hitting up a spot with a whack DJ. If you don’t know how to get it poppin’ and don’t have the old school bangers on deck to make the shorties go, then you need to be out. One DJ learned this the hard way when he received a proper ass-whooping from […]