What exactly was going on with the whole Tebow fiasco this football season is still rather unclear. One thing that is clear, however, is that Tebow cost the New York Jets much more than he was worth (not saying that it was his fault he wasn’t utilized).
The NY Jets paid a total of $3.6 million this year to have Tebow play for them- $2 million payout to the Broncos and $1.6 million to Tebow himself. We did the math here and came up with some interesting figures. Take a look and decide for yourself if Tebow was worth his weight in gold.
· Tebow played 12 games this season: $300,000/game
· He had a total of 141 yards: $25,531.91/yard gained
· Totaled 32 carries: $35,294.12/carry
· Out of 12 games he attempted 8 passes as the QB: $450,000 per pass attempt
· He used his favorite word “Exciting” 44 times during intro press conferences: $81.818.18/”exciting”
· Out of the 6 games the Jets won this season, Tebow “played” in 4 of them: $900,000/win
Paul Hudson | Elite.
Photo Credit: Getty Images